Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sought after license plate from a state down south.

Ok, I have not so far mentioned any BS classes that I didn't enjoy..so, this will me my first. I think, last night I thaw a puddy that. Luckily, I didn't see any Tweety Birds...Bh had set up my step board for me right in front. Was running late and my darling set up board, got me a bun to eat, then left for RPM. Heh. All through out the cooldown, I looked at the floor, especially during the abductor stretches. Lionheart's experience had taught me better.

The reason I didn't enjoy last nights class was well, I couldn't quite hear the instructions. Just couldn't make it out. Not the instructors fault, really, can't blame him, I think he has very short upper teeth or a small upper jaw or might even have been a cleft kid, so his pronunciation..a bit off lar. Many people left halfway, a few didn't even come in when they saw it was him. The usually packed like sardines BS class on Monday night, was quite roomy. I still managed to sweat.

Dinner was a trip down memory lane for me. After hearing about Pak Abu's, in UM, Bh decided we should try it out. PA's, in 6th College, is an icon for all UM-ers. It was THE hang out place for us, especially the med/dental fac kids. It was in our hostel mah. 6th is also known as Ibnu Sina, its the hostel for med/dental/pharm students. But most of us get kicked out after the first year, not enough space.

Anyways, it brought back memories, of late nights in the dining hall studying, then supper at PA's. Sometimes, we'd skip the hostel dinners all together, especially if it were "fish" night and head straight for PA's. There were 2 different basic menu's then, "fish" and "chicken". The "chicken" days/nights would be Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays...weekends would be a toss up. The food would be better, and instead of some prawn sambal ( with all the shells) thingy, or some funny smelling fish, we'd get fried chicken. Suffice to say hostel food back then was bad, enough to enlighten med students a first hand experience of cholera diarrhoea....non-stop lar.

Pak Abu's was still a meeting place after moving out of college, especially after games at Padang Varsiti, our field. Inter-year games, where the girls would play net-ball on a pitch that was wet, soggy and muddy (it was an experience akin to mud-wrestling) and then we'd all head over to PA's for makan. In fact, there were many good times spent cheering the volleyball team and the badminton team and the swimmers during Inter-year games..and my year almost always emerged champs, heh. Netball was our forte though..from our first year onwards. There was never a team of ten ( seven plus 3 spare) women more ganas than in my year!

We were a crazy bunch..Tanglung festivals in Tasik Jaya, with a bunch of 20-somethings carrying lanterns..hehe, and birthday celebrations...the birthday person (normally a girl) would get a shower of cake, or even eggs...quail, small enough to be concealed by the accomplices in pockets. The ambush was always a success. And this was in final year. In our first year, we were notorious for clubbing till late...oh yea, we'd casually saunter into the hostel at 4am, get 3 hours sleep, then head off for 8-5 classes, on a weekday. Jump, Bali, Modesto's...free flow on ladies night,heh.

Memories....

No comments: