Thursday, July 05, 2007

I Finally Did It!

I thought Monday would be a busy day and I was right. I just didn't expect Tuesday and Wednesday to be busy as well. With cases to juggle, a brother's friend, in pain to treat and a new assistant , it has been a challenging 3 days. Nevertheless, I finally did it....I can proudly proclaim now, that I've done ALL the Les Mills programmes, at least once.

Lets see, BP, BC, BS, BB (yep, in Sweat Club), BJ ( oh yes, and I have Faz to testify to this), BA ( I did, REALLY, TWICE!), RPM and finally RPM CHALLENGE. BH and I decided to go for RPM on Tuesday, so we went to Axis, him very,very excited and me...well....

We got there and only realised it was a challenge class when we saw the registration board. Shucks...I wanted soooo badly to take the easy way out and go for Crystal's Combat instead, but since it was still 32, and BH was all gung ho about Challenge, I decided, die, die lor...worse come to worse, just have BH carry me out. Hehehehe.

It was Lynn's class. Nice kid that one, very friendly, checks on the members before class. Pity she's so petite, I couldn't see her at all. There was a rather large regular seated in front of me. Good thing Lynn has this lovely loud voice. Most of the time, the only thing keeping me from giving up was her voice, pushing me on. Seriously, I still can't get that bloddy wheel to turn fast enough. I mean, my resistance isn't turned up that much ( mine clicks once, everyone elses clicks a few times!). But that darn wheel, just won't budge.

And there I thought I have strong legs...jeeez. It's not the breathlessness that gets me, its the pain. Am I supposed to feel pain in my knees? What am I doing wrong? Can someone please explain....Shades? Lion? Anyone?

The class made me sweat buckets..I mean real buckets, my top totally drenched. Even BH said I sweat. ( Apparently I don't seem to in BS, so he says). But I also realised that my current absolute dreaded words and phrases in the English vocabulary are "Dial up, Turn, Take it" and "Hill climb".

But I must say, though you'd probably never see me on a bike on a road somewhere ( I can't imagine spending a few grand on two wheels anyway), you might see me in RPM and Challenge yet. The adrenaline rush and feeling of accomplishment at the end is addictive enough. I mean, I come out going "I survived, oh, what did you do?Combat? Pffft.....I survived RPM Challenge!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hereby testify that she did BodyJam *hee hee hee*

You go, girl!

Cheers,
Faz

shades said...

good on ya!

if u feel pain on your knees, you have 2 things to look into:

1) check your resistance and make sure you have sufficient resistence everytime.
2) cycle with your quads and not pushing with your knees....

Anonymous said...

Your knees painful arr? That means you are putting undue pressure on your knees. Have you been jutting your knee out during the "attack" mode for Track 5, or maybe you did not push your butt behind enuff, during "hover". But judging from the contents of your entry, I think the main culprit lies in the fact that your resistance level is not sufficient, particularly during mountain track. If no resistance, not only your knees, but other joints as well, will suffer from what I call "jarring" effects...vellee vellee teruk lah...So ShantiAarghPeeEmm...turn up that knob....heheheheheheh

SC said...

Faz: When you next going for jam ah? Kekekeke

Shades: When, where and what time are you teaching RPM next???

Lion: Turn UP, you said???

Okla, I will try to put my butt back more, and increase the resistance and try pushing with my thighs instead of my knees...correct ah?

Anonymous said...

Yoohoo :)

I havent yet decided when my next BodyJam class is, but I have got today planned. I'm transferring my Saturday classes to Axis so that I can continue enjoying Bernard's Line Dance Funk class - very energetic and awesome. I daresay it's one of the high points of my hectic week. TI'm still in love with the latest release of Pump - it hurts, but I hurt SO GOOD! *I never thought that one day I would be saying that*

I completed my tour of LM classes late 2005, with RPM challenge as my goal. Actually, my goal was to walk out of the studio after class as normal as possible, not bow-legged *LOL*

See you soon,
Faz