Monday, July 09, 2007

A very meaty weekend

Have not been to the gym the past 3 days. Friday was recovery from BS day. Saturday...well, Can't really make any classes since I work till 5. Which just left Sunday. Had all the good intentions of going to the gym, but instead...well, it's SUNDAY! You know, REST day? The day one takes to enjoy the weekend before MONDAY?

Anyways, BH and I spent the weekend gorging ourselves...for the most part of it anyway. To celebrate 7/7/07, we decided to hit Jake's Charbroiled in Medan Damansara. I had the lamb, he had his burger. My rack of lamb came in a big portion, with fat still on the thing. Lovely on the palate, really bad on the diet. But sooooo tender and juicy. We finished it up, potatoes and all, washed it all down with Hoegarden and some kinda beer which I can't pronounce from Germany, some Weiss....yadda,yadda. His burger wasn't that great though.

Sunday...well, the feasting on Sunday began on Saturday morning for BH. For some reason only known to him, he suddenly had the urge to make his own burgers. And this before we decided to hit Jake's. I suppose he just woke up one day and said "Hey, I bet I can make better burgers from scratch than that Azim fler". So he was up very early ( for him ) on Saturday, he actually went off to market, and bought the meat...pork, mutton, spam, franks and anything else that he fancied, went home, marinated the stuff and then started planning how to cook it. Did I mention the Internet research on burger pattie making? So the burger at Jake's failed to impress, BH was all determined to make better burgers, albeit not with beef, cos I'm intolerant.

So Sunday morning dawned...after a late Saturday night, I had planned to go for BS at 10.30. Was debating on doing that OR getting my hands into some meat mix and helping BH make them burgers. Playing with meat sounded so much more fun. So that's what we did, Sunday morning, mixing, making and frying mutton, pork and mutton-pork mix burgers.

The mutton had a very strong smell, but was GOOD. The pork...whoa! Nice, tender and absolutely yummy! I think I had one mutton, one pork and half a pork-mutton mix pattie and these weren't your regular sized patties, these were like Chillies burgers sized patties...that much meat! Everyone, BH, his mum and dad, brother and sister in law all had some...and everyone praised him. Even his mum....repeatedly saying it tasted good. Looks like BH is right...he can make better burgers and that Azim Fler, and even better than Jakes.

Am thinking BH will blog once he has the time, pics and all...he's the flogger mah. Right now, I'm feeling kind weird. Can too much meat over the weekend cause a meat hangover on Monday? Or is it just me...having them usual Monday blahs?

4 comments:

PickYin said...

So the burgers turned out great... hehehehehh...

When we come back can make for us ah? :D:D

SC said...

Ask the burger chef

Bernsy said...

i think the mutton and beef burgers can be a little bit tricky to make... later will post the recipe up for your reference.... wakakakaka

PickYin said...

Chef Bernsy, no beef for VJ. Pork and mutton please. Thanks much Chef. :D