Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Not so leisurely Monday in Leisure Mall

Mondays always prove challenging. It's a busy day, with many patients to attend to. On top of that, yesterday was only the 3rd day my new assistant was on the job, hence a very tired me. It takes a lot of repetition ( and patience) to train a new DSA, especially one just out of school.

Thankfully she's not all that blur and can pick up quite quickly, but the learning curve is steep. Just have to keep taking very DEEP breaths. Am amazed that my patients too are very patient once we explain the situation, enough to give the new ( and slower) girl a chance. Least she's not as bad as what I've had to work with before and for that, I'm very thankful.

Plus, the BOSS came back from hols and guess who had the guts to give him a status report on all the mice happily playing while the cat was away? The usual office politics, with a dash of drama and blame slinging thrown in is enough to create a huge headache. So, by the time I finished the last patient, I was eager enough to get out of there and into the jam around the mall.

It took me a good 45 minutes to reach LM. BH, who had left before me, reached 10 minutes ahead...but since he'd been pointing out that we have not been back in our home gym for a while...I felt it was ok la. After hours, everywhere also jam what? Might as well make a trip "home" where the canto pop stars roam.

LM is way different from the others...almost to the point you need a visa to get in...hehehehe. The official language is Cantonese, the official stand is...So What? We like it OUR way...hehehe. LM members got spunk, I tell you. They'll joke about fishballs, height and mannerisms and they don't really care who's on stage. If it's a class they wanna attend, they'll show up, no matter who's teaching.

So anyway, we were there for combat...it was 32 ALL THE WAY, I can't stress it enough, Track 1 :32, Track 2 :32 , Track 3:32, you get the point.Teeheee. After a week plus of not doing combat, I can still hook!!! But as BH said, no power. What to do? No practice mah.

It was Cheng and Nicholas on stage, both have gotten better since I last saw them. Cheng's instructions were very clear, timing is good and I'm sure newbies can follow. Nicholas has got more power, he just has to get rid of the accent. So the combo of the two of them, made for a very enjoyable class. The class was packed as usual, it's LM, its always packed, except for 5.30 classes lar. the usual LM suspects were in class, with a few who have gone astray...by that I mean to IOI.

Finally got my groove for combat back....am feeling it now. Mostly in my shoulders. Looks like I'm gonna be back in combat class soon...can't wait till next week when they start mixing!!! Will probably still carry on terrorising the RPM and BS classes, and might even someday, actually terrorise a Jam class...

1 comment:

shades said...

Good lah they have gone astray to IOI....

Hey, come to IOI lah... no need visa... just board firefly!