Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Where have all the good men gone?

Thats what someone was relating to me..she'd been engaged for about a year and was due to get hitched this month. But the guy wanted to postpone, citing lack of funds, after she'd paid for the hall, and some expenses. Apparently she'd also been giving him money, when he was jobless. She paid the deposit for a car even. So she wondered out loud, where have all the good men gone?

I used to wonder myself, slightly over a year ago...almost all the good ( or oklar, not so bad) men had been taken, or were/are gay.Another point of contention...not only do we have other women as rivals, these days, we have to rival other men..of course, that's just me, pulling a hissy fit. As we all know, those men, really, we can't rival them lah..once gay..they prefer men anyway, so unless one is willing to sacrifice all and flip to the otherside...lets just leave these men as lost causes.

Anyways, it does seem like most available men today are the left-overs..the ones others don't want. Well, a year ago I might have thought that. And right now I know a few women, having being disappointed, feel the same way. But deep down, I chose not to believe that. I chose to believe that not all the good men are gone and taken...they really still are out there, we just have to look in the right places.

Most of the time, the right places are the places we never thought of looking in the first place. I certainly wasn't looking (well, not in his direction) when I met BH. He wasn't even what I was looking for..how wrong I was. Someone must have been looking over me, cos I decided to give the bloke a try...lo and behold..it's been a year, short, but it seems like we've known each other for ages. I lucked out..the guy I initially thought would be fun to hang out with one ONE date, turned out to be the guy who makes me laugh on EVERY date, and one I want to date over,and over again.

So you see, the good men haven't gone anywhere..some yeah, will be unavailable. Some will become available, some are just waiting to be found. I guess we just have to have some faith, a positive outlook and hope, for the best. I think most of the time, we look for the good men in all the WRONG places and in all the wrong men. Most of us look for the wrong things in a man too, despite what we claim.

Oh, BH says it was the rose pendant I'm wearing...it is supposed to bring romance. See, when I first appeared in LM, Ah Loong told him I was probably already married, with 3 kids to boot, but he thought otherwise. Why else would I be wearing a rose pendant, if not to look for love? He was right. Ironically, the pink colour of the pendant seems to be diminishing...I wonder if that means I've found what I'm looking for and it doesn't need to send out its vibes anymore? It did it's job and very well too.

6 comments:

shades said...

When I first saw the title, I thought you're gonna talk about BC22's "I need a hero"...

SC said...

I already found my hero.. choke,choke..heh.

Bernsy said...

dats why la, you werent looking.. you were just standing in my location !! wakakakakaka !! ....

fatboybakes said...

awww, Awww, AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
how sweet....awwwwwwwwwwww....i'm getting diabetic.

SC said...

Sorry FBB...I don't use sugar substitutes in my posts about BH..hence the "meluak" and "menyampah" factor..hehehe

Choobacca said...

Looking for the ideal man is like going around a car park looking for the best parking spot,

All the good spots seems to be taken, you circle round and round thinking someone will vacate the prime spot (next to the entrance or elevator).

You are always late to reach the spot when another car is leaving.

And the best part is, the only avaiable prime spot are the handicapped spots.....

Muahahahahaha