Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The day this girl finished a full bowl of rice

Just ask BH, he'll tell you how much rice I normally eat. I eat, like a pigeon...cutting down on the carbs has been my perogative for a long time now, after I realsied I don't need all that energy. But today, different story.

Was hungry, planned on fast food, my craving for McD's fries peaking...walked down to the place, only to find it packed, with school kids no doubt. It's the school holidays, the explanation for relatively smooth driving to and from work, but also horrendous crowds in the mall where I work. Plus, today is 6 ringgit Wednesday...the movies is blardy cheap, the crowds blardy stupid enough to contribute to the jam.

So, fast, unhealthy proccessed foods...out of the question, I was thinking and thinking and thinking...yea, 3 times of that...where should I go? Finally remembered a place I haven't visited in a while...Nam Heong...

And so, a bout of Char Siew Kai Pei Fan ensued...I believe one should never waste good food, so I finished up the chicken...yummy, the char siew, which was sweetish, tangy-ish...soo yummy and.... the whole, entire, filled to the brim, bowl of RICE. Chicken rice lar, the taste also...wah.

Too bad, didn't feel like taking pics before the meal. Unlike BH, I can't stand hunger while taking multiple shots of food in front of me..By the time I looked up, plate of chicken..gone, plate of rice and rice bowl..clean. I left feeling a wee bit sick, but oh so satisfied.

Oh! I also got a call from ching chong lady. True to Kenny Sia's adventure with them, she spoke in Mandarin and her first question was, "Do you speak Mandarin?" Well, I understand enough to reply, IN ENGLISH that I don't. The response was immediate..she hung up. I wonder, how on earth did they get my number? But then again, these days, even the Celco's could be selling it. Cis! So, don't get greedy...nothing is for free.

No comments: