Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday afternoons

Thursday afternoons are wonderful for me...I get to have a siesta, then leisurely decide where and what to do after. The last few weeks have been spent going for classes that I normally can't make, the 6pm plus ones. Today however, my plans to attempt pump after a year long hiatus were dashed. By a makan plan, no less. BH's mum's actual birthday is today and she wants to have dinner together.Well, pump can wait..

So, I decided to hit the weights. To me, it's a wonderful feeling, just me, my weights and my music. When the music is right, the mood is right, the weights feel right. And today, the weights felt right..its hard to explain that feeling, when your mind and muscles connect, as in you can visualise what the weight exercise is doing to the muscle, move it to the beat of the music and just feel the motion...it just hits the spot, right there..I'm making this sound like sex, aren't I? Hmmm...but seriously, when the connection is there, the work out is definitely more effective. Just ask a PT..also, the routine is less tiresome and dull.

Today, it was BC 17, all the way. I love that release, its one of those that connects with me. Most of the tracks were good. Of course my first memory of doing BC 17 has something to do with that.It was Singapore, a few years back. Was there for quaterly, which back then was held in Planet Fitness. Went all the way there and got my first taste of a quaterly and BC17..it was AWESOME. Of course the presenters were amazing...one white guy, cute, but forgot his name and guess who? Tracy Minnoch. Heck, that woman can teach any programme and make it fun...

I couldn't take my eyes of her...I couldn't stop listening to her technique ques..I learnt so much that day. BC came very much alive for me and I connected with the moves, the music, the presenter. What an experience..I wanted to come right back and do BC over and over and over again.I'll never forget that experience or BC 17. Honestly, even BC training wasn't as much fun as that one class...

Now, everytime I hear BC 17...hehe..love it! I wonder why not many instructors teach it?

No comments: