Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pretending to be a Thai-Thai

So, I made it to the gym, at a time when only people with no jobs or are on holiday can make it to the gym. Or people who have the life of luxury..the illusive thai-thai. Reminiscent of Sweat Club days when I used to bump into these ladies, I walked into an almost empty gym. Parking was a breeze...even at Axis. And guess what? No beefy buffed up men in the weights area. Yipppee!!

Though feeling a little nauseous ( from the Puri I had this morning I'm guessing), I still managed to do my weights. Err...leg press, adductor, pulldown, seated row, chest press, flys, extensions and abs ( two sets of each) and shower all in under an hour. Not bad, huh? Anyways, a chance encounter with Kris brought back more memories of Sweat Club.( Kris being a former instructor of SC, now a PT with FF) Of the quiet atmosphere, the gossip and the HUGE shower cubicles.
( Double the size of those in Axis) Since Cali took over, its now the miniscule size of....well, if BH went in for a shower, he'd come out with his knees and elbows bruised...every time he turns, he'd probably hit the wall. It's THAT small. Working out when every one is just working, ah, the life of a thai-thai. Since I decided to have a facial after gym, wah...really felt like pretending to be one also lah.

Didn't help that facial was in THE shopping mall for thai-thai's, Bangsar Village larr...at 128 Fauborg. I got there early and decided that since I was in the thai-thai mood, I'd just do some shopping la. Walked into Warehouse, cos I saw this gorgeous dress in the window..walked out when I saw the price. I can pretend all I want, but I sure as hell do NOT have the bank account of a thai-thai.

Sothy's is wonderful though, for my make believe. My beautician, Vience ( I know, its a weird name) is very,very good at her job. When she massages my shoulders...fuah...BLISS!!! She must have been the emperor's masseuse in her past life. Can imagine her pampering some emperor who goes "Do it right or its off with your head!" Hence she got real good. The woman is good with her hands la...I felt sooo goood.Have not once been disappointed with Sothys. Always end up with a huge smile on my face. They are that good...my birthday is in December, hint,hint, wink,wink. Had another round of their chocolate facial. More more on that, read this.

And to top off the pampering, had my manicure done at the same time. My manicurist Jessie was free, so might as well lah. All I could think off was...can I come back tomorrow for another round? That was until the bill came, and there went my thai-thai fantasies up in smoke again. I guess I'll play pretend again next month...errr.....maybe next month and a half.

No comments: