Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Things that make you go hmmm....

Was flipping channels on Sunday evening, after BH had left and chanced upon this show on 8tv, the Bachelorette. Apparently it's a spin off from the Bachelor, a reality show which had 25 girls vieing for the affections of this one guy. This season's Bachelorette is one of the loser's from the bachelor. I think she came in second or something.

Anyway, it's about 25 GUYS trying their luck "at love" with this girl. The winner ( who lasts all season without getting eliminated) gets the girl. The girl, gets a guy, a rock and a proposal. Hmm... Ok, I'm skeptical. I mean, how much can you know a person in a few weeks, enough to

1) Propose
2) Accept said proposal
3) Begin a life together, hopefully happily ever after?

Yea, the initial spark seems to have something to do with the happily ever after, but I'm thinking it takes a while before a couple is comfortable enough to stop pretending and be themselves. Hence the passing of wind indiscriminately only occurs at least a month after serious dating. Same goes for all the other skeletons we keep in the closet. Only then can you decided whether you can live with the Beauty who picks her nose while watching tv or the Hunk who forgets to flush the toilet every now and again.

Back to the shows I have reason to be skeptical. Throughout the show, the girl gets to date the guys. Some on group dates, some on one on one, some overnight dates...hmmm...again. On group dates, how to get to know any particular guy? I guess the guys have to stand out to get attention kwa. On one on one...ok la, can get to know the guy...but how to chose? On overnights...seriously. The show portrays the overnights as REAL overnights...camera zooms in on the couple making out on the bed, then the door closes...hmmmm. I wonder what goes on in the heads of the other guys who get overnights? Was her last date better? Do I want a woman who slept with another man just yesterday? Hmmm.....

Same goes for The Bachelor...I wouldn't be a contestant, because I wouldn't want to go out with a guy who has kissed/slept with a few other women and has finally decided to give me a try. I just don't like a bunch of women fighting over a guy. I probably would not, unless of course someone tries to steal BH-lah. But that's just not right. I got here first! Hehehe. I wouldn't steal someone else's guy.

I know many people these days find it ok to date a few people, meaning there isn't any exclusivity at all. When dating, no holds are barred. Hence the reason why some relationships don't have rules. I suppose if both sides are ok to that, well...but then of course people who get into such relationships thinking they get to have all the bootie they want, better realise that it works both ways. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my caveman to whack my head, then drag ONLY ME back to his cave.

I wonder how much cat-fighting and fist brawls occur off camera on the sets...hmmmm...now THAT would be reality TV.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BH=Tarzan, SC=Jane

Bernsy said...

*swings from tree to tree*

Ohh.. ua ua..

SC said...

err...imagining BH in loin cloth. You naughty,naughty girl, Sunshine

shades said...

Thanks a lot of putting that image in my mind....

Anonymous said...

no la my dear, i imagine you ,the helpless, sweet cave girl being rescued from wild animals(ahem!) by yr big macho caveman!

*innocent and pure Sunshine*

SC said...

Sorry lar Shades..once in, cannot come out, right?Kekekeke.
Sunshine..hmmmm...innocent and pure...hmmmm