Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My second rule of combat

My second rule of combat...if the instructor ignores and avoids all eye contact with you, bear down, work it, sweat it and just have fun. Do not ever imitate a cat and meow about it in class.

It was a weird class tonight at MML. I got there 20 past 6, wondering why the lifts from the basement weren't working. As I was climbing up the stairs, the lights went off for a while and more people were headed toward the car park than toward the gym...hmmm...power failure? Sure enough, the lights were out. Apparently someone in Damansara Heights decided to blow a major fuse.

Well, it was either stay and hope the power comes back, go to Axis or go home. While trying to make up my mind ( I'm so indecisive these days), I texted FBB about power failure...and solved the mystery of his malfunctioning auto gate. The power was out in his house as well.

I thought class would be cancelled. Unless FCI could sing all ten tracks ( he can teach without a mic, can he teach without music?), I'd have to go home. Diha showed up, so we hung out at the cafe outside the gym. After getting fed up of that, we decided to leave lah. Well, when I saw the jam in the car park, I changed my mind. Obviously everyone in the building was leaving at the same time, so the car park was a massive crawl. Might as well wait it out comfortably with a cup of tea.

By the time I got back to the gym, the lights were on again! Wah...TNB worked super fast. Must be some VIP who made a lot of noise. Things get done faster on the right side of the fence I guess. Anyways, class started just a little before seven, FCI waiting for more people to show up. After some minor griping about the "first time ever" small number of members in MML, we got down to it la.

Panjang was in class, but since there were just a few of us, he had his 10ft. Unfortunately, he doesn't know my first rule of combat. But, what he lacks in stamina and coordination, he makes up for amply with enthusiasm. Nothing like a bright eyed, bushy tailed excited newbie to make one feel excited about combat. Oh, and Steve was in attendance too. He always gets people in the mood, with his shouts and jump knees. He reminds me of Jack Black...must be the hair and his preference for black clothing. I wonder if Steve can do rock?

Was missing BH. He makes me laugh, no matter how crappy the instructor makes me feel. Also miss Brains For Codes...she's the only one who gets and laughs at my jokes of instructors who make me feel crappy. One good thing about MML though, the mirrors. Apparently I should look more into them to check my own technique before criticizing others...hmm, that worked out pretty well tonight.

No comments: