Friday, May 18, 2007

Hell hath no fury...

like a woman scorned, especially if that woman is me.

After the fiasco on Tuesday, Wednesday was full of phone calls. Mostly made by me to my insurance agent. Apparently for me to send my car back to Toyota, I need lots of documents. Other than the multiple police reports ( from both sides and the final judgement) I also need copies of my insurance policy and the other persons insurance policy.Thats the big problem la. that fler does not want to furnish me with the copy. So I had to call their insurance, get a run around from some stupid customer service guy, then some claims woman who sounded like she was half asleep at 3pm, only to find out that they will do all in their power to prevent my claim. They won't give me the copy as I am third party claim and to pay out to me would not be good for business.I suppose they hope that people in my situation would find it so hard that we'd give up and just take any kind of repair, from some kedai motor ah beng or something. No way, no how. My baby goes back to the manufacturer and gets the repair she deserves!

Though none of what happened was my fault, it looks like I am being made to pay anyway. My car now sits at home, waiting for the proper documents, before I can get it repaired and even then, it may take a while.Luckily I have mum's car..and BH to drive me around on weekends.

Most of the time, when the unexpected occurs, I take it as a learning experience. This unexpected occurrence has thought me that sometimes life isn't quite fair, shit happens and when it does, you can be angry and upset all you want, but this doesn't change a thing.

I was angry at the system, at the stupid insurance companies and at that stupid si lai who hit me....it didn't do me any good. Now I'm just tired, I want it all to go away...but that doesn't mean I'm gonna forget the hassle these people have put me through. Unfortunately I'm not your typical Malaysian. I don't forget. I'm gonna make all the claims that I possibly can, fix my car and hope that this never happens again. Oh..and Pan Global, SUCKS!

5 comments:

Kryptonite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kryptonite said...

I'm a Kurnia insurance girl. Renewing is hassle free, and it's so easy to DIY. I just get everything settled at the Kurnia office in the Bali building. I decided to eliminate the dependancy on agents when it took me almost a year to get my documents from one. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with ok?

Hugs,
Faz

karynn said...

chill gal... i went thru d same thing. Toyota would've taken more than a month to fix my car. since my car is an extended limb, i can't survive without it for long... so in the end i got it fixed at an ah beng workshop which happens to be d panel workshop for my stupid insurance. sigh!

but since the ah bengs did a pretty good job and fast too, am happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks...lucky for me, I can still drive my mum's car and my car is usable for short distances. Paranoid about the bumper dropping off.

fatboybakes said...

your comments section in the latest post is missing. cant post.