Saturday, December 23, 2006

Time for a break

Fa lalalala la la la lah!!!! Christmas comes early and stays longer for me this year. Why? Cos' I'm off from 5pm today till 10 am January 2nd! Yeay!!!! Previous years, was only off Christmas and New Year's had to work in between. Which is hard, cos Christmas was usually spent at Wendika's, and the drinks start from before lunch till...you can still drink. Hence the day after would always be difficult at work, having to drag myself to work, hoping 3 cups of coffee would help.It doesn't, it makes the head throb more. This year, Wendika is too lazy to throw a Christmas party and BH wants to be a good boy. So, will finally take up "Evel twin's" many years of pestering and join her in church.

Working New Years Eve is no fun either, cos can't go out celebrate after...no time to get home, get dolled up and rush for the countdown... This year, had intended to go in bikini to Float Party, but have yet to get tickets and bikini doesn't fit so well anymore...please see post labeled "Feeling F-A-T" . Shall think of something or other to do come the 31st, or just spend it with BH, on a hill somewhere in Cheras, watching the fireworks and drinking wine...hmmm, that doesn't sound too bad an idea after all.

So, accumulated leave taken and I'm off on a holiday! Goodbye (at least for a little while) to the back aches, neck aches and stomach aches. (eh, its a stressful job, you know?). Away I will be, from Mid Valley! This horrible jammed up monstrosity of a shopping mall. Can't say I'll miss the jams...even getting out is difficult, cos no one wants to give way and let you through. And the human traffic is just as bad....I wonder if BH is right, there is gold to pick up in MV?

Right now, on a Saturday, two days before Christmas, I'm free to blog. Why? Because my patients had to cancel....can't get in, and even if they could, can't find parking. Well, the whole road outside is normally a parking lot...what else would you call a place where cars don't move? I'll bet when I try to get out, I'll be stuck in the blady jam myself...but at least this will be the last jam I get myself stuck in in MV! For 2006 anyways....Can't say its the last jam I'll face for 2006, because I'm off somewhere where the jam apparently is much worse than MV and the people a whole lot crazier.

Headed up north, hopefully away from the floods and, away from KL!!!! Off to Crazy Attack Fella's hometown for some good food and some R & R, hopefully. Must go kacau the fler and my old friend Scully, back from Melbourne for the holidays. Will expect an increase in girth for both myself and BH...but its the holidays and as Leon said, "Tis the season to be FAT!" There's always New Year's Resolutions and mine would be

1) I resolve to eat less Char Keuy Teow, Nasi Lemak and sinful food after December 31st till Chinese New Year

2) I willfully resolve to be disciplined enough to get my ass to the gym and actually do proper workouts with weights.

3) I will eat more sensibly

4) I will be more patient of my new assisstant and receptionist

5) I will try to be more patient with my patients...this is a tough one

6) Spend more time with family.....don't think I do much of that

Will add more later before 31st comes along, but for now, all I can think off is my mani/pedi appointment tomorrow, when I can imagine myself for a while, a Rich Tai Tai.

No comments: