Thursday, December 21, 2006

The last two days...part 2

Thursday, today...began like usual, I wake up very blur, wishing I didn't have to drag myself out of bed. Work was busy, thought it wasn't supposed to be and I was just hopping mad cos google/yahoo/blogger/friendster all had problems loading. Wanted to blog...people complaining already, never update all...but just couldn't.
There was a rainbow after the storm though...its my half day, I get off at 2 and....I had made appointments for a spa and facial. Ooohhh.... that was fun...the massage, heavenly...i think the beautician must have kneaded all the aches from yesterdays launch...huiyo, so syok! Fell asleep a few times, so had my BN too. Well, by the time I was done being pampered, had to rush off the Axis again, for FCI's regular class this time. hmm...our friend dragged Peggy up on stage..poor girl tore her pants..another pant tearing episode at Axis. is that place haunted by the pant tearing toyol I wonder? Anyways, the whole studio was decorated for Christmas and someones birthday...there were balloons, blinking lights, decorations and even a disco light? Cheesy, but true. The steppers all came dressed in white, and did the class to Christmas Carols. I wonder if Combat could ever be done to Christmas Carols? "I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause.....wham! Sidekick"...don't think so. Too violent methinks. Can't imagine the motivation either..imagining Santa not bringing the gift we want, so whack him in the nose? "I wanted an Ipod Santa...whack!"

Finally get to hear BH's voice again after class...calling Laos is expensive so we've been sms-ing and restricting calls to night time only.He'll be back tomorrow anyway...so we can carry on making Ananda richer...yahoo!!!!

Today also exactly marks the 29th year and 359th day of my life. Which means, exactly one week from today, I will be a decade older...where did my twenties go? Am having very mixed feelings about this, mostly trepidation and anxiety...I don't wanna be 30, I wanna be in my twenties forever...But, vain as I am, that is not the way the world turns. So am bidding goodbye to today, Thursday, the 21st, wishing time would stop but still looking forward to tomorrow.

3 comments:

Bernsy said...

All i can say is Frag the 20s and welcome the 30s, you will eventually find that its not that much different then and now... wakakaka

Kryptonite said...

Hey Babe -

contrary to some popular belief, I find being in my 30s lots of fun! I looked forward to be 30, almost 5 years ago, and I'll be officially 35 in a couple of months time. There's a lot of talk about new-found independance and entah-apa-apa-entah, but when I reached 30 I didnt feel any of this mumbo jumbo! However, looking back, I realised that I did use this 'being in my 30s' thing like some kind of license; license to give myself a birthday gift because I wanted to watch that performance by the Royal Shakespeare Company. Licence to try a new hobby. To go on holiday by myself - did that when I was 30 - to go out on blind dates. To ask a guy out (did that in Bangkok in May this year). To ask for an assignment that I know I can deliver on. To open new worlds, I suppose :-)

So all the wrinkles I'm getting around my eyes? I use eye cream but theyre still there. Tak pe lah. I'm learning to accept them. I earned every one of them!

I have a feeling you'll be fine. In fact, more than fine.

:-), F

SC said...

Thanks Faz...already give myself a birthday gift each year ever since I got my fist paycheck...sometimes a few gifts. Have asked out a guy before but never been on a blind date or a holiday on my own. Oh what the heck? Time to try new things right? 20 or 30 or 40 or onwards...just hope me mum's genes kick in and I don't look my age while doing all these.