Thursday, December 07, 2006

This little piggy went to the gym


Ok, I'll cop up...the title is inspired by FBB's lovely drawing of a pig flying...felt it apt to title this post as such. So, its Thursday, the one day in the week I finish at 2pm...so after a lovely siesta ( Stop whining people, I work full days on Saturdays), decided to hit the gym...off to Axis it was. Started out with the Wave machine of which without better half around, have no motivation and could only do 10 minutes before giving up. hence, decided to row instead, only to be interrupted halfway through by a lady, asking me if this machine was for the tummy area...doh'? Hmm...must have been rowing wrongly and there I was thinking and imagining myself rowing down the River Thames. I have a great imagination, because I've never seen the River Thames.

So, after 10 minutes of that and some half hearted chest press and leg exercises, went for FCI's combat...Ooooh, also worked the bum which according to my nurses is looking rather larger these days. They must be getting short sighted. Its true, FCI takes breaks after every track, but today, there was no complaint from him about lacklustre shouting. The shouting had begun in track two...thanks in most part to his ardent female supporters, you go girls! And so it was a fun class after all. Not as packed as usual, I didn't get kicked in the head , which is always a good thing and we had enough space to move around. So, good class indeed. However, FCI should really pay more attention to combaters techniques...both newbies and some regulars. Saw many "Char Keuy Teow" seller wannabe techniques and seriously, a jab or a cross is a PUNCH, not a FLING of the wrist.

Quite a few people around..including Yhsmom, who normally doesn't show up here..of course BH wasn't around lar, he was working out in a gym Rakyat all the way in Kuala Lipis...sigh.Without him perpetually making jokes, the comedy effect of BC just wasn't the same. Sweat buckets and had fun...a good workout nevertheless.
Sunshine was around too and seems to think I have lost weight. Dear, I have to confess, genetics does play a part..I come from muscular stock, hence its easy to get the back and shoulders defined..my dad, my brother, most of my cousins and I ended up on track teams. But of course what she said made me smile lar...at last, the workout is working again! Yippee! Also found out today, my favourite wookie has a blog...Anneh, you naughty boy you, not telling me earlier? Anyways, will add link to your space in blog.

On the down side...this darn hair of mine. Its just like me...stubborn as a cow. Just wont go back to the way it was right after the cut, i.e Hot and Sexy...darn it! Spent quite sometime in the locker, blowing it...but then hoh, its irritating to blow hair in the gym, cos the hair dryers are so close together. Inevitably, someone with wet hair will be blowing their dampness onto you...which is what happened to me lar. Why can't people with long hair be more considerate lar? I used to be right?
Another Thursday gone...

No comments: