Thursday, June 28, 2007

Uncomfortable, not breathless.

Sorry Herny, but I was uncomfortable the moment my behind hit the saddle and breathless all the way. When it was time for Herny to go "You should be breathless by now" I was like a fish out of water, gasping desperately for air. Arrrgh!!!! Pee Em...

I'm still not used to the bike, so is it quarter twist turn and pull...no that's endodontics. So it should be full turn to the right when she says "turn it up" and "quarter turn to the left" to back off? Oh wait, that can't be right either...my wheels were hardly turning. So, it should be quarter to the right, full to the left? Wheels still barely turning...oh dear.

I really dunno how Lionheart does it. From way back of the room, we could hear him way in front. ( We being BH and I) and I could see his wheels spinning and spinning and spinning. And mine? Well, lets just say in a real uphill climb, by the time he'd reach the peak, I'd still be OFF the bike, PUSHING it up, somewhere about halfway lah.

BH theorised that maybe its the combination of Steps and RPM that has my legs like jelly. Hmm... I wonder then, what would happen if I pursued this new passion for lower body workouts longer? Would my upper body shrink? Or instead, would fat start accumulating there instead of my thighs? Maybe my muscles would atrophy? Holly Cow! Would I lose the ability to do a hook altogether?

For now, I'm still swaggering ala John Wayne, ie legs akimbo...you know, kangkang....I bet most people would think I was a bad girl last night, heh.The things I do to lose weight. But BH is right, the variation of programmes is making me more enthusiastic about hitting the gym. My body has been "shocked" ( that's the term he used) and really, it's starting to ache in places I never knew could ache. I feel the way I used to feel when I first started working out...tired, achy but satisfied. This does feel good.

So, where there's a will, there will be a way...someday, I'll try RPM Challenge...someday lar, when I can do "uncomfortable but not breathless" and "breathless" and still walk out not swaggering like John Wayne!

On an unrelated note: Paris is out! They let her out early on good behaviour, so now she says she wants to serve God, by this I doubt she means becoming a nun. Rather she plans to open a halfway house for released inmates. If she does, she's got class.....lets hope she doesn't go back to her "pretending to be blonde and dumb" days. And yeah, I added this just to fluff up the post...I have no shame...hehehehe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so surprised to see BH appearing for Herny's RPM, and even more (pleasantly) surprised to see you at the end of the class. In Aarghh!!!Peee Emmmm, as Grace has put it to us all the time during her Challenge class, "Its all in your mind". Sometimes I wish that is true, but I guess so, particularly after a really tuff track and you are still spinning on. Hope nto catch you and BH in RPM Challenge next ya? Also hope to do "Strut" together in BS....Have to say that is definitely not my fav track in the new release. I still prefer Ant Music aka the speed track...

SC said...

I really am in awe at your knowledge of BS and RPM tracks. I suppose it applies to pump as well? HEhehehe...all hail Lionheart, King of Les Mills Suite of programmes.