Saturday, June 23, 2007

BC 32

Ok, tried it for the second time yesterday. Have to be honest, this is one of those releases where if I where away for the entire duration the compulsory use of this release is in effect, I would not have missed it. This is also one of those releases where I seriously wonder if the choreographers have run out of ideas...or if they just did it haphazardly. Why? Repetitions, lack of challenge ( directional and co-ordination wise) , choreo that doesn't jive and music that doesn't inspire make me feel this way.


BC seems to mimic BA more often these days, perhaps to up the cardio workout. But what hapened to the inspiring choreo that challenged us and made us sweat buckets, ache and yet yearn for more? I miss those. Like Jigga jigga, like Push it good, like Vogue, like So what?. This time, the warm up was sooooo slow, I swear, I almost fell asleep. Then track 2 suddenly an increase in intensity..hard to accomplish if the warm up doesn't warm you up right?


This release isn't without some saving grace of course, Call me when you're sober, with the evasive side kick and front kick combo was good. But then I'm biased about evasive side kicks la, I like the move. As for the switch knee...errr....pass. More like a BA move to me.

BH thinks its because of the instructor...one gets bored with one style after so long. Ok, will try other instructors, but I have a feeling, I'll still be complaining about BC.

By now, filming of BC 33 would be done, they would be starting to film BC 34 and already working on BC 35 I suppose. I hope, sincerely that things will only get better. Until then, I can't wait till the instructors can mix tracks and will probably spend more time in BS and RPM...

9 comments:

Kryptonite said...

Hi babe,

I see that BS is incorporating more BC-like moves nowadays. The music also has a more BC feel to it. Hmm - I'm either mistaken or I'm just justifying the transfer of my love from BC to BS! :-D

Take care,
F

Anonymous said...

looks like i am not missing much ;)

SC said...

morpMusic in BS also better this release lar. Or maybe we are just bored of BC, and need some variation, like what BH said.

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I cant help it, but to comment on this one.

First thing first, I guess it's about time for you to try other programme or other instructors for that matter. Yeah, go with RPM and BS, who knows that the REAL programmes for a people like you. When you're happy, you'll less complaint.

1. Switch knee is a pure martial arts move. Not taken from BA. And if you reckon it does, then BA took it from them.

2. Track 1 is just a warm up and track 2 is usually the extension of the warm up. How fast or intense you want the warm up track to be? I'm sure each track is designed for us to achieve certain things, that's why we're there to work them out. They arent blindly choreographed.

3. If the instructors irritate you, by all mean dont go to their classes. As simple as that. I guess, there are more other instructors to choose, in case you hate certain instructors. If other instructors' slots are inconvenient to you, then change to other programmes. Stop whinning. Not good for you and for the instructors too. Your hatred showed on your face, bad for other members' health.

4. Lastly, stop whinning.

SC said...

We aren't whinning, or complaining, just voicing opinions on how we feel about the release, as is any MEMBERS RIGHT to. And, I'm leaving this post and its comments as an open discussion.

As for instructors, I barely mentioned anything in this post, and definately did not mention any irritation or hatred ( which I do not have) towards anyone. I wonder if Arwen, you are taking this very personally. If so, too bad. It's my blog, I didn't defame anyone, and I am RIGHTFULLY entitled to an opinion, so, if I do WHINE, DON'T READ my blog if this IRRITATES YOU.

shades said...

well said, SC!!!

Bernsy said...

Which comes to why I think the instructors have a difficult job to do. They teach the same bloody tracks day in day out.... and yet they have to stay focused, and most difficult of all, stay enthused with the same tracks.

I must agree, BC32, choreography, seems like their "ilham" never came to them. Just do only la...

Anonymous said...

Well said bernsy. Just reading the other post on 'constructive critism' and this one, it's ok to say what you feel, but there is a line between making valuable constructive criticism and badgering instructors.

fatboybakes said...

i agree that we as members should be free to constructively voice our comments, as long as it has no malicious intent. it doesnt constitute whining.