Monday, June 25, 2007

Family

Of late I have been thinking very seriously about family. To me, busy that I am trying to earn a miserable living, I still believe that family is the most important thing to me. I always feel short changed on the amount of time I get to spend with family and loved ones, with my Saturdays virtually taken away. But alas, that's how my cookie crumbles at the moment and until I can afford to change that, so it shall be for the time being.

It was an interesting weekend nonetheless, as it was a time for family. It was baby Alden Wong's full moon luncheon. Born to BH's brother, a whole lot of family showed up yesterday to welcome the kid into the family. I'm writing about this, because BH's mum decided to invite my folks as well, so my family met his family and the baby's mum's family. The kid was busy sleeping through most of the noise, occasionally waking up to be fed, but otherwise not a peep outta him.

BH has so many uncle's and aunts and cousins and second cousins...I was lost for the most bit. My folks lagi lar lost...hehehehe. But we did see the family resemblance lah, BH follows his dad's side. His brother, his mum's side. It was nice though, to get to meet everybody. Well, almost everybody, according to BH, there's still family Down Under, which hopefully if all goes well, we'll meet soon enough.

All nice people, his folks, a few funny cousins like BH. All in all, my folks and I had a nice time, meeting everyone. The food, so so only lah. I am hoping that there will be more family time. Hopefully I can reneg on my working hours, so I have more time with mum, dad, BH and my ( I mean our) doggie and our families.

No comments: