Friday, June 29, 2007

Transformers...more than meets the eye!

Autobots! Roll out! Chu,chu,chu,chu,chu....kekekeke. BH and I managed to get tickets on opening night, at BTS, Imax theatre. HUGE screen, but we were sitting at the corner, so the effect not so great lah. The sound was good though.

I can see why many die hard fans had threatened Micheal Bay, his version is a bit off the original cartoon. And the fight sequences, from where we were sitting, was just a ball of confusion...two pieces of metal,mashed together, can't see the real punches/kicks/etc. So, I'm not exactly a fan..I did watch the cartoons as a kid lar, but I don't remember much other than Optimus and Megatron. I was more of a Thunder, Thunder,Thundercats...HO! Fan. I wonder if that will ever make it to the big screen...doubt it lar.

My favourite parts were their references to Japanese technology, with one liners like "Something as advanced like this can only be Japanese"...kekekeke. That's what happens when a Japanese cartoon becomes a cult hit all over the world. I do wonder though, where does all that metal go? When they transform from robot to car/plane/truck/tank...oh err, better not reveal too much...

Yesterday's movie was also an adventure for me...finally got to travel on the Monorail. Decided to meet BH at BTS, so took the Komuter ( and it's wonderful odours) to Sentral, then the Monorail. The train itself was ok la, but it's not well integrated with sentral. Have to walk from main terminal, out past the cark park to Tun Sambanthan station. Lots of walking , lots of stairs. No biggie for me, but noticed many tourist struggling with their bags, esp this one Arab lady, all dressed up in 5 inch heels...kesiannye. The train though gives one a very rare view, one of the Brickfields area and it's cultural diversity. I saw a Chinese temple, then a Hindu one, and then a mosque...seeing these buildings from an elevated view is not something one gets to see everyday.

Ok, back to Transformers...die hard fans and not die hard fans, just watch for the effects la, very cool...but comparing to the cartoon and comic will make you frustrated, so don't bother and enjoy the movie. All together now...Bum...Bel....Beeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

No comments: