Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Time to clear the air

Reading my post Constructive Criticism and it's comments has been very insightful. It proves that I'm not the only one who jumps to conclusions and I admit, I do.

I wrote that post with a few things in my mind. One was the previous one, BC 32, where someone did try to start a fight out of an opinion. Perhaps thinking that a bad review of a release means a bad impact on the programme or on the instructors teaching it. It's a bad release, it happens. There are good releases, the programme is not popular for no reason. But that doesn't mean we CAN'T chose NOT to go for this release. Tak kan die, die also must do combat?

When I wrote Constructive Criticism, I was writing about people in general. To assume that I only write posts gym related ( or instructor related) is wrong. I do have a life outside the gym.
I actually wrote that piece with everyone in mind, the people I work with, the people who come to me for consultation and yes, the people I meet in the gym. To say I aimed it specifically at any instructor, let alone one particular instructor is wrong. Seriously, no instructors were badgered in the making of this post. Read it again...carefully, slowly and try to read it without any preconceived notions.

The labelling under gym rant was an error. When you type "g" under "labels", it automatically comes up with the last word used under "labels". It's a blogger publishing thing. I hit the button before I realised, but I let it be, since it was, in a way gym related.

Perhaps it drew a lot of attention because "anonymous" decided to tie it and the one on BC 32 to a post many months ago about an instructor. BC 32 and Constructive Criticism have nothing to do with that post. To assume and jump to the wrong conclusions merely reflect a rash mind, but to comment negatively, repeatedly, reflects an unthinking mind. I let the comments section run, and kept on saying it was my post, my blog, hence my right, because it is.

Until I realised someone was taking this way too personally to be just about BC 32 and my opinions on criticisms. After I realised that, I just let you continue assuming what ever you want to assume, too tired to argue with someone so hell bent on their way of thinking. You must be a lawyer, and I suppose a good one.Plus, it's just interesting to see how people think, so I let it be lah.

In the end, most people got it...I didn't write about anyone in particular at all.
So anonymous, if you still want take excerpts from this post or the previous posts or posts done in the stone age and use it against me...well, still jumping I guess.

This post, just in case, is for those of you who silently read and just wonder what the hell its all about?

8 comments:

karynn said...

wah!! one harmless post of ur opinion on a BC release generated so many heated comments & sequels??

maybe it's time 2 put more ads on ur blog and write more posts like dat... d hits generated can fund u a nice shopping spree this megasale season?? ;)

Anonymous said...

True, KT! Now SC can surely say her blog has lots of hits in a day *LOL* I myself kept on coming back to find out more *giggles*

Joking aside, I was one of those readers who felt blur blur and I asked myself 'what the bleep is going on here?' Then I went to SC's post on BC32 and read it again. I also read the comments posted there. A lot of things came to my mind, and I'll keep them there for now. I do have one case to plead though; to arwen, if youre thinking of writing about whining again, the word is actually spelt w-h-i-n-i-n-g, and not w-h-i-n-n-i-n-g. It's a suggestion, and I promise I wont whine if it's not accepted.

In the meantime, I love the latest release of BodyJam! :-D

Cheers,
Faz

SC said...

Kt: Hmm...thought about that , but unfortunately the ads don't pay enough ler...not even for a mini trip to La Senza, kekeke.
Faz:One day, I have to join you in jam again.

fatboybakes said...

food blogs are much happier places to be la.

clear the air is a apt description. the comments section of late has been festering like a toxic volcano, spewing out noxious gases, my fart also kalah, enough to knock anyone out, better than a jab or upper cut.

karynn said...

yeah faz! i luv d new Bodyjam release too!!

SC, do join us!! :)

SC said...

Where there's a will, there's a will....nampaknye might even end up shanti-jam? Gosh, thats just SO WRONG! Kekekeeke

Anonymous said...

Cool, KT :-D I'm happy to hear you love it too! There's something about this release that's making me determined to continue practicing the whole routine to improve the moves (sharp arm lines lah and all those things hee hee)and really working this release before the instructors start mixing releases.

So, SC - you heard the woman, COME AND JOIN US!! ShantiJam ka, apa ka, doesnt matter *LOL*

FB: Dont wait until pigs fly lah, come in and join in the fun!

Faz

YOU! said...

away for the last few days.. and so much heat here! did I just heard the theme of Dynasty or Dallas? :p

Come joint JAM!! that includes you FBB :p