Thursday, April 03, 2008

Sparky?


It occurred to me as I was sitting in the customer lounge that my car, does not have a name, unlike a certain Rpmnut.But then hor, my car isn't turquoise either.

My car, like it's owner is spunky, direct and doesn't take much shit from anyone. The gender of my car shall remain unspecific, solely for the reason that I can't decide if it feels more like a tough female or a gentle male. And no, cars are not bisexual.So for all intents and purposes, it shall remain asexual.

All these earth shattering revelations came to me while I was waiting for car to be serviced. Toyota service centres are comfy, they give you nice comfy chairs, astro and a huge window for you to gaze at the mechanics working on your car. Sweaty, greasy men in uniform..hmm.

They also feed you..made me happy. Amazing what some biscuits and milo can do. I gladly ( well, not too reluctantly) parted with what, I believe, would have been the tea lady who served me my milo and biscuits, monthly income. Nobody said Toyota service is cheap.But I had too, car deserved a good service, plus still under warranty.Really am banking on the warranty here and not hua ren tea..

But seriously, what should be car's name? Sparky for spark plugs? Sounds too much like Spot for dog..I like Bumblebee, but no part of car resembles a yellow Camaro. For the record, it's champagne gold and like I said, its got attitude. You know car's got personalities, right? I mean, there are the tough, move over if you're hogging the fast lane ones ( like BH's), the quirky ones, the I-don't-give-a-shit ones, the mommy, gentle ones, the crazy, I think I'll swerve out anywhere anytime I want ones....you know what I mean? Car is..steady, reliable, doesn't cause trouble,patient, but don't you go messing with car, especially you crazy,swerve outta nowhere ones. Like I said, car's got attitude.

Maybe I'll just stick with car..

2 comments:

RPMnut said...

How bout GOLDIE?!?!?!

Hur hur

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...sounds like Hawn..but I like..wait a min, we had a doggie named Goldie before..
SC