Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mrs. BH's first birthday.

How did Mrs. BH spend her first birthday? With 3 dinners, one high-tea, one cake cutting, one photo shoot and a hair raising mystery solved..


Lets start with the food bit. ( check out BH's blog for the full review)

Dinner 1: Was with my folks the day before. Having exhausted all avenues in getting fresh seafood for a homecooked seafood claypot dish, mum decided to take us out. So she made reservations at our usual place, Fullweath in KB. Our tummies were busting after the seafood, yam basket, 4 aces vege, cod fish and tofu dinner.

Dinner 2: My in laws also wanted to take me out and so, a dinner on my birthday, at Summer Palace, Marriot Putrajaya ensued. The journey there was extra long, since we decided to try the new highway..which detoured into Putrajaya before we could get to the Marriot. But dinner overall, good. The Peking duck could have been crispier, the ostrich was too tough ( so we got it changed to some prawn thing), but the sweet and sour chicken was good, as was the lotus root mixed vege..another busting tummy experience.

Dinner 3: BH, originally planned to wine and dine me on my birthday, but got his plans dashed by MIL...hehehehe. Anyway, we ended up dinig, but not wining, the next day. Instead of his original plan for dinner at some restaurant in KL, I had a fetish for Thai. We ended up at Sri Ayutthya, Medan Damansara. I think we ordered too much, despite what the waiter said ( no, no, enough for two). Yet another belly busting exercise of scallops cooked thai style, glass noodle kerabu, chicken green curry, tom yum thalay, pineapple fried rice, petai prawns and siakap thai style ensued. When we saw the table next to us order just fried rice for two, we knew we were in trouble. The food, though very good, was too much..heh. But this place, is fast becoming my favourite.

High tea: BH and I planned an apartment viewing on Sunday ( yea, we're actually looking for our own place), when his brother calls up and says he has vouchers for high tea at Eastin, which expire that very day. Since no one else was free, BH and I dragged my folks over for high tea. The spread was good, but the taste...not! Wouldn't go back again, free vouchers or not.

The cake cutting: Was working on my birthday, and after lunch, got a surprise cake-cutting/song singing by my staff..ended up blowing one candle too many and getting stuffed with chocolate cake. Thank God none of them went to SJI..birthday traditions carry from there..not pretty!

The hair raising mystery: Have you ever wondered if a certain politician's hair is real? I mean, the Elvis coif, extra high up front that still looks like a toupee? Yea, THAT minister..well, I found out! Was at the hair salon ( the famous one lar, in MV), getting a birthday cut, when I saw THAT minister walk in. He talked to the boss ( a much celebrated hair stylist) like they were old friends, and waited patiently for his turn ( it was a busy day). I wondered if the boss would actually do his hair..I mean, being famous herself, would she lend her name to his hair? Don't think that would be a good thing, actually! Anyway, sat for a while, and found out that yes, his hair is real, yes, he likes it THAT style, and no, the boss wasn't his stylist!

So there, that was Mrs. BH's first and most enjoyable birthday so far! Have to say, the last few days have been lovely..can't wait for 2008. And on that note,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

TTB said...

Happy new year Santhi! Great to read you had some realy good times! and... the hair is real??? REALLY??? Unbelievable!