Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year Blahs..

Yea, December's come and gone..it's now a New Year, back to the grinder, etc,etc,etc...apparently, I've been hit by the New Year's Blahs..thankfully, Jan 1st this year fell on a Tuesday and not a Monday. Can't imagine the Monday Blah's combined with the New Year's blahs.

In an attempt to drag myself out of the blahs, am compiling a list of things to look forward to..hehehehehe. MUST-DRAG-SELF-OUT-OF-THE-BLAHS. So, here it is!

1) CNY...just a month away, I get one week off, loads of dinners and cookies and goodies and new clothes ( and the shopping that comes with it!)..only downside is this year, I don't get ang pows. Instead, I have to hand em out...darn! All you flers hoping to make a killing out of my ang pows ( this means you, Ben), forget it...I'm a cheapskate..save your airfare, hehehehe...

2)House hunting...BH and I are looking for our own place, be it here, there. anywhere...so far, it's been fun, really can't wait to have my own kitchen to blow up..you'll be the first to read the headlines "Girl who can't cook destroys kitchen.."

3) Wedding plans..yea, we did the whole registration thing, Indian lunch thing, tea ceremony thing and the Hindu temple thing...oh, but we're sooo NOT done yet! Why? Bh wants a church thing, plus there's dinner that's not done with yet! So, ladies and gentlemen, for the next few months, Mr. and Mrs. BH, will be busy every Sunday, either in church or preparing for our wedding...when? Err....this one, we are still planning lah. Oh, and there's marriage counselling thing...I think it's a great idea, cos' honestly, we're both new at this...why not get some more experienced people's views? Which brings me to number 4

4) Building a new life with BH...no doubt we still feel the same as before we signed that blue piece of paper, but slowly, it's sinking in..we're about to move on in the next phase of life. For both, a lot of changes have occurred..and I just feel all excited about it, building our lives together, especially since we're both starting from scratch, financially, spiritually. It's gonna be a challenge, but I feel, it's gonna be fun.

5) Hopefully a honeymoon, finally..BH and I have been sooo busy ( and broke)..hehehehe..more busy than broke lar, so we really couldn't take any time off after all the hoo-ha..the next step is to plan a honeymoon, after the church thing and the dinner thing..maybe just a few days off...some place quiet, throw away the phones and just relax.

6) A busy,busy 2008...apparently, a good year for dragons (me) and rabbits (BH) in the career department...hehehehe...Dunno if that's a good thing, but heck, it sure will make things interesting!

7) My apartment will be ready this year! After 3 years...it's finally gonna be done. And nope, we're not moving there ( not unless we have to)...cos' it's in Subang! That's too far for BH..I bought the place before I met him, so we'll keep it for the time being...but it will be fun furnishing the place! ( the downside to this of course, is the financial bit...)

There's the list so far...7 things to look forward to, there will be more..which I shall definitely add on to..here's to 2008!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st is on a TUESDAY!

shades said...

she's really having a new year's blah....

fatboybakes said...

hey, have i congratulated you both yet on your marriage? if not, CONGRATULATIONS....and happy new year.