Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mrs. BH


At 10.59 Monday morning, I officially became Mrs. BH. Well, more like Mrs. BW, ie Mrs. Bernard Wong...kekekekeke. Am thinking if the name cards should be changed to Dr. Santhi Thambyrajah-Wong...just to confuse the heck out of people..face like Malay, but got Indian and Chinese name..heheheh.

The day began very, very early, at 4.30 am. Made tea, got dressed, by 6am, Wendy was at my door...with her camera at the ready. Wendikaa, the woman whom I am very very grateful for, cos she woke up at 5.15 am and spent the whole day with us, taking all our pics. Seriously, everyone says the pics are great and BH and I can't thank her enough. Woman, you have been there for me so many times, I really don't know how to repay you..much love from Bern and me!

BH arrived at 6.45 am, with the flowers and a huge smile on his face. I have never seen my BH looking so spiffy, he took my breath away.

We left by 7 am, it was just light out, the lotus in the garden had just bloomed and the birds were just awakening, chirping merrily. Adrian, BH's boss and good friend very kindly woke up just as early to be chauffeur, best man and door opener..thanks man! And so off we went to Putrajaya. We got there by 8 am, and got a number. There were 18 other couples getting married, and we wanted to be early so we could get the time we wanted. The auspicious time was between 10 and 12.30, so we asked for 10.30.

We had time to kill, and so had a light breakie, then spend some time taking "hmmph menyampah" photo's...kekekeke. At 10.30 or thereabouts, we went in, and both of us said goodbye to our single days. It was a simple ceremony, which began the moment everyone sat down and settled into the room. Everyone was our parents, BH's brother, sister in law, uncles, aunties, my dad's cousin, his grand daughter, my mums good friends, we took our vows. The whole morning, Wendy kept asking if I had butterflies, I said no, right until that moment. I could hardly breathe..almost teared up, but having BH at my side, I smiled, he smiled, and all was well.

And so, that's how I became Mrs. BH...still haven't quite gotten used to the idea..Mrs BH. Bh answered the phone yesterday morning, and he called me his wife..ehehehehehe...can't get enough of that.
It's a wonderful and strange experience for both of us at the moment . No doubt we have spent a lot of time together as a couple, but nothing can prepare us for living together. So far, it's been an adventure and every morning when I wake up, it's nice to see BH's face, still asleep, next to me.
Will post up more pics of the day later, once everything has settled in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh...so sweet....happiness radiates from your faces...CONGRATS Mr & Mrs Bernard Wong - Farid:)

Opra said...

My congratulations! They say that wedding day is one of the happiest days in people's life. I hope your family life will be also happy:-)))

Anonymous said...

You look radiant, congrats again!