Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Saree and the luncheon...

When BH and I decided to get hitched, we originally planned just the registration, as we realised planning the whole shebang would be a mammoth task. However, our parents ( my dad mostly) wanted something more elaborate...at least a lunch for his relatives, so as not to confuse people. I can see his point, as he is very old-fashioned and he considers this the proper way...you're married, tell people, have a makan..that kinda thing.

So, we haven't done the chinese dinner, or our wedding pics, but we've done the tea ceremony ( BH's parents decided we might as well kau-tim that too) and the lunch, on the 23rd of December. For those of you who feel left out, please understand, this was a lunch for close relatives and friends of my dad's and our neighbours...there's still dinner, sometime next year, ok?

It's also been quite a shock for my friends from KB, whom I could not invite for this one, cos they all saw the huge pink and white canopies and wondered what happened. Having come to the right conclusion, they now wonder, how come they weren't invited? One simple reason, once we invite you for the luncheon, we can't invite you for the dinner. So, we decided to invite some people for lunch, as awe catered food specifically for them and some we will invite for the dinner later.

Since I'm on a roll explaining the whole thing, might as well go the whole nine yards...some people ( this means you, Ben) think we might have had to "rush" the whole thing due to "unforseen" circumstances. Let me make it clear, the only person who's tummy is increasing in size is BH's, and that's because of me...I feed him what I can't finish, hehehehehe....so no, no kids yet. Heh.

Righto...down to best part...I'll let the pics speak for themselves..the saree was nice, thankfully, I didn't look like a fish wrapped in newpaper...check out the next post, almost a complete pictorial.

No comments: