Sunday, December 09, 2007

OMG I'm getting married!!!!

I'm typing this with manicured fingers, post a face mask that made me look like some kinda alien. Ok, so it was an SKII one, didn't look quite that bad. But anyway..

It's the day before D-day..BH and I can't see each other, the first time since we started going out that we're doing this if both of us are in town, on a work free day. So what's a bride to be to do the day before she officially gets hitched? Nothing much actually.

Had planned to watch some chick flicks, but was way too tired ( it's been a tiring few weeks actually) and I couldn't find THE chick flick, the one I could watch over and over again, just because. Plus it occurred to me that BH doesn't really mind chick flicks, so...when I do find THE movie, I can always watch it with him. Or, I can watch it alone, he still can have his Stargate Atlantis in the other room.

So I spent the day pondering on things...mostly the fact that from tomorrow onwards, I'll be known as Auntie Santhi. Serious. All BH's nephews and nieces and all the kids are gonna be calling me "Auntie". Shit. Me..auntie? You graduate from a young girl ( well, I'm no spring chicken but I'm not that old lah!) to auntie..older I mean elder, and who wears funny long skirts and dishes out stupid advise to kids, like " Don't hold your face in that position or it will stay that way!". And when one marries another, you don't just marry that person, you marry his family too. Which is about to make my life a whole lot more interesting, I'll bet! Heh.

So, the dress isn't perfect, neither is the ring..though I love them both, I can still see flaws. But, this girl realises it's not about the dress, it's not about the ring and it sure as heck isn't about the flowers. It's about two people, flawed as people are, deciding to enter another phase of life together and making a legal commitment of that. Sure, I really don't expect our marriage to be perfect, there is no such thing. But I am glad however that my BH, the other person in this, doesn't believe it's all perfect either. He knows my flaws, as I know his, and we're gonna work on this thing called a marriage, with all our heart, our soul and our spirit. Which incidentally is on our imperfect, very meaningful rings..heh. We shall post one on our rings..very cool, unconventional pair, just like us.

Wish us luck.

4 comments:

M@njAkid said...

All The Best AUNTY SHANTI!!!!!! heheh

TTB said...

GOOD LUCK! but why good luck, do you need luck? Congrats and have fun would be more what I want to say. Nothing is perfect, it's about doing our best and accepting the fact that nothing is perfect till you think it is. May you live happiliy ever after.

karynn said...

aw... how sweet!!! here's wishing both of u a happy everafter!! :)

vj said...

Hey hey Girl! Congrats to the both of you... it has been a long journey for you to get here, so happiness is my wish for you... may the long journey ahead be a fantastic and exciting one... :)