Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My first rule of combat

Well, my first rule is, if there is a right leg forward, there will be a left leg forward. This means, if I've done 64 knees and countless elbows with my right leg forward and I'm out of breath, I'm in deep trouble. So, if instructor says "LEVEL THREE!!!!!" and I can hardly breath with my RIGHT leg forward, I'll stick to level zero lah....

Managed to barely survive last night's BC at MML, my muscles still aching from weights on Sunday. I think I'm getting too old for this or I'm just out of shape. Hmm, that's more likely the reason. As usual, my mind wonders off in class. Though last night I actually got visual cue's from FCI as I had an unobstructed view, so the wanderings were limited.

The crowd was less last night than before. Tall long limbed guy was in class. He's getting better at his coordination, but we all still give him a wide berth. There was a newbie, who didn't follow my first rule of combat, so he really suffered at track 8. Poor thing. Quite a few regulars were in as well, both MML regulars and FCI regulars. The latter being his fans who follow him just like the DIGI advert. It is sorta nice to see familiar faces, especially after such a long hiatus. I haven't been to the gym in a good 2 weeks. Sunshine was there too, looking a bit tired though, probably cos' she did pump before. Which brings me to another observation, Veron is back. thought she was GXM at Cali? Politics there getting too rough I guess...

Was missing Brains For Codes...we used to have so much fun talking about...I mean listening to FCI in class..., snigger, snigger, wink, wink. Betcha won't have as much fun down in kiasuland babe...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Veron pump was fiercely tough. Great class. i thought FCI's was great too, his cueing was really good on tue....:p

Anonymous said...

His cueing is normally ok one...just sometimes when he's not paying attention, then will lari a bit lar. Thats why I like his class. And not because BH thinks he's cute...kakakaka
SC

Choobacca said...

FCI did LM Pro instructor's class and has his cues reinvented as a result.

Hence you noticed the change for the better.

Given a chance, try other Pro instructor's class sometime and you will notice the same improvements, my conclusion, this training really works.

SC said...

I heard about this Pro Instructor thingy...I hope it does help, cos I see a need for many of our instructors to buck up, not be complacent and teach better. I applaude anyone who tries to better themselves, Swee, FCI included.

fatboybakes said...

hmm, how come i wasnt there ah?
oooh, you mean panjang is more coordinated? is it still necessary to maintain a 10 ft safety radius around him?

SC said...

Panjang coordination better, but 10ft radius still advised...yea, why weren't you there?