Saturday, April 21, 2007

Finally back

After many many moons of absence in the gym, I'm finally back. Went for BC last night , worked up a good sweat, and feel pretty good. Of course the jiggly bits are back too. What do you expect? Three weeks of no physical activity will do that to anyone. In the words of "Ah Loong", my Cadbury has melted. Oh well...

I did ponder about doing PT again...but I can't bear to part with something precious to me if I did...money! 1000 bucks of it is much loved and better spent elsewhere, right? So it looks like I'm gonna have to do it myself, the weights training I mean, but all in good time lah.

Last night's BC class was good, cueing by FCI was very good, wasn't very lost at all. But there are a few things bout him that I notice now and I hope if he reads this, he should take it in his stride and as an opinion. I think his technique has got to improve. For one, his jabs don't extend all the way, they look really short. Fast, but short. Uppers ok, but hooks sometimes look off too. Elbows not distinct enough, could not differentiate his circular elbow from his hook. And his roundhouse needs work, not enough "turnout" I think, so it kinda looks almost like a side kick, but not quite.

I know I'm no expert, but when it comes to technique, I think I got it down ok, so though FCI is a great instructor, technique wise there is room for improvement still. I like Peggy's technique, its good and of course Tracey...the master! But she doesn't teach combat anymore. Lilian's ok too, haven't been to Renee or Terrence's class in a while, don't know how they are doing.

Well, that's what I was doing in class last night, other than working out, being a busybody and thinking/commenting on FCI's moves to myself. What to do? BH not around, otherwise I really wouldn't be paying attention to any of this...too busy laughing. It will be a while before we hear "Aik" in the class and female shouts too. Hopefully BH and I can survive tomorrow's task...weights in LM!

3 comments:

fatboybakes said...

[stifled loud snigger]

SC said...

Oi, I'm still aching from Friday combat and sunday weights ok? It's gonna be a looooong hard road

Anonymous said...

i stumbled upon your blog from another mate's link. Quite interesting read. The way you criticise other people's combat technique, you must be an instructor as well and quite a good one too. Must watch out for you.

Steve