Sunday, April 01, 2007

Certifiably addicted

Richard the Lionheart claims to be a hoarder, one who has stocked up years supply of toothpaste. I on the other hand, am a hoarder of a very different necessity and I think I need to check myself in for rehab....I'm addicted to lingerie...more specifically, to the shopping of lingerie. La Senza and Women's Secret are now my favourites, having grown out of Triumph and Wacoal. I really can't help it, every time I walk past these stores, I'll pop in, telling myself I'll just have a peek at whats new. Every time I walk out...I have a new shopping bag in hand and a silly grin on my face, planning my next purchase. I think, if I lined my bra's and tied them together, they would make an excellent floatation device in times of emergency ( padding floats). I'm not talking about life-vest sized, more life boat sized...My undie drawer is virtually spilling over.

It all began in Uni, when a friend confided "You think this is real? I invest in good bra's...not cheap ones,ok? I'm half Chinese, do you think they come naturally?" in relation to her ample yet unsaggy bosom. Since then, I realised what she meant, being half Chinese myself. But back then, there was more Indian in me, I was a whole lot chubbier and bigger, so it didn't really hit me yet, this realisation. After losing weight and shrinking, I discovered the maximizer...and many other versions of this.

To my delight, a friend bought me a gift of lingerie once, and I discovered Women's Secret. Then came LA Senza to Mid Valley...and out went Triumph, Wacoal, etc. These days, the temptation is harder to resist, with unbelievable sales at La Senza...50% plus an added 20% if you purchase 5 items in a single receipt. Guess who went and utilised the 70% discount? And a few times at that? Hehehehe.....Well, at least some people appreciate them..not just me and BH, obviously, but also friends who see me in the gym locker...it's always nice to have nice lingerie...and its nice to be a woman in them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a girlie post, hehehe...

I have a secret...despite my colourful exterior, i am very boring with my lingerie...i am a black, white and nude colour girl...i buy many of the same style in those colours...(nice ones la, not aunty bridget jones look a likes)

And when they are discontinued, like my M&S bandeau strapless bra, i despair....i go from branch to branch asking them to check their storerooms to see if they have any leftover stock....

Also, i am not a push up bra person, i like to be as flat as possible, identity problem? No. I love being a woman, juz that i find a smooth flat line of body looks better in clothes...Crazy? Maybe, coz most of my girl friends think so....:p

Anonymous said...

Hehehe..ya hoh, pretty girlie. Apparently, Arab women go for lace, fur and unbvelievable colours...outside all black mah, inside can have fun lar.
As for cleavage, I think you should be proud if you got it.Even FCi also proud of his "cleavage" what? ;)
SC

Kryptonite said...

Hey you who tagged me :-)

I did it - and now I'll think of a few more friends to tag!

Cheers!
F

Shirlyn said...

I'm also addicted to lingerie! Just like you...when young doesnt bother what kind of bra I wear... but now I'm more choosy and will willing to buy more expensive bras...my panties also spilling out from the drawer soon :p

Lately I got hooked by LaSenza brassss...the push up ones really nice and comfortable. And their offers really attracted me till I have to buy more than 5 items! kakaka believe most of the womens crazy with lingerie like us bleh..

SC said...

I spent about 300 plus the last sale...but worth it la, hehehehe. Sunshine, La Senza has a wonderful range of unpadded stuff as well, am currently loving the t-shirt bra's...kekekeke. Ooo, and the night wear too...I'm addicted la