Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I can't breathe..but I can blog about it!

Yea, planning a wedding ( or in our case the blessing and dinner, since we are, technically wed) is a huge stress..Planning a wedding and home renovations at the same time, an even bigger stress. Planning a wedding, home renovations and possible career changes at the same time...now that's stress!!!

All things happen at pretty much the same time these days..and to top it all off, work is hectic for both BH and I. And so, both of us are barely breathing most the time. Ahhh time..something we don't have the luxury of these days.

Currently our biggest stress is our home. It was supposed to have been completed a month ago, what our contractor initially estimated, but now, 2 months plus since work began, it's not done. Apparently, this is a norm. When your contractor says 2 weeks, he means 2-3 months or there abouts. And we didn't even do much..sigh.

So, these days, we actually have a valid excuse not to go for Shades class..and when we do show up, our sleep deprived, food deprived ( diet mah) bodies just give way..heh.Looks like we won't see much of a gym in a while yet..maybe after the honeymoon lah!

Sorry Shades..can't stalk you tonight. Wanted to, but it looks like we have to go shopping for taps and kitchen fixtures. It seems, when we get the stuff for our contractor instead of relying on him to source for it, things move faster. We're on a deadline, I really hope we can make it!

3 comments:

Mervin Lee said...

Yo babes.... Just head to Jalan Ipoh if you can, there's a row of shops selling bathroom and kitchen wares, and these include shops selling tiles, all kinds, brands, grades, etc. You'll find better bargains.. but hurry fast, I was there yesterday... the prices are going up next month... so make sure you do your homework....

Kitchen and bathroom fixtures will cost more, what I did was to get the cheapest tiles I could find (mostly Made in China) and then I can splurge a bit on my fittings... same goes with kitchen sinks... try to get bigger and deeper ones.. It will save u a lot og hassle... later... Good Luck...

SC said...

thanks Merv..I am buying my kitchen stuff from a family friend..if you want, I have his number.
We bought our shower stuff from him too.

shades said...

Didn't teach BC today anyways... covered Mr Carter's next studio and Eugene covered BC.

Maybe gf and I will have more stress when ours is near...