Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mrs.BH to be..

Having spent the most part of my life being referred to as Ms., and for the past 7 years Dr. ( and even being called "the conservatively brought up" Ms./ Dr. ST by Shan), my new title rolls off the tongue easily. Though I have no legal right to it yet, soon, people will start calling me Mrs. BH...or Dr. ST-W, which actually has a nice ring to it..hehehehe.

It will take getting used to, but that shouldn't take long. It's the getting used to being married that might take a while. As anneh has put it, gone are the days of absolute freedom. It dawned on me yesterday, what that means for me. Gotta say, am a tad overwhelmed and afraid. But heck, it's gotta happen, sooner or later. I will have to flee the nest, right? Shucks..I've been such a pampered kid. I wonder if I can accustomed myself to being someones wife, someones daughter in law and later, someones mother. I really dunno. I do know that all this is a part of life, part of the circle, part of being alive. And with this knowledge, all I can do is try, one foot at a time..make the mistakes, learn from them and hopefully manage well enough. Geez...I blame anneh for this epiphany...hehehehe.

On a happy note, BH and I met with the jewelry designer yesterday. She'd come up with a design for us, pretty cool, but we improvised on it....so, can't wait for it to be finished!!!

7 comments:

TTB said...

Your jewelry designer is Choobacca? That's where it's linked to? I think freedom is something really subjective - how much do you have to loose to be considered loosing freedom? You guys will have so much to do together that you don't even want to think about freedom haha... like you said, one step at a time, you have to go thro it anyways, so might as well enjoy each and every moment of it. I'm sure you'll make a good wife/ DIL/ mum...

SC said...

Whoops...kesilapan teknik amat dikesali..link telah di update...hehehe. No, Anneh did not design my jewelry, we got a real jewelry designer for the job...kekekeke.
But thanks...dont really feel like I'm bridled..am feeling like a bride la..

Choobacca said...

Meenachi, without thinking dirty, I give you a "teka teki":

What is it that we have, that the pope has but cannot use, that the wife gets when she officially gets married.

Give up?

Anonymous said...

Anneh...a ring?
SC

TTB said...

Surename

shades said...

Oh surname.... I tot "that"... but realise the Pope still needs to use the toilet, so he's still using "that".

Heeeee...

Anonymous said...

Post a pic of your rings for us to see, can?