Friday, November 09, 2007

It's finally hit me...sort of.

Almost a month ago, when we decided to do this, it didn't hit me. I was excited, but it didn't hit me. When we drove to the registry, sent in our applications with the appropriate mugshots to be put up, it didn't hit me.

Went to a designer to get a dress,( well, though its just the civil registration, it is still LEGAL and there will be PICTURES and heck, I wanna look like I'm getting married), it didn't hit me. In all fairness, did not get the whole bridal gown thing, more of a nice simple befitting dress, so maybe that's why it didn't hit me. When we went to get our rings designed, it didn't hit me...well, maybe cos it's not done yet, we haven't seen the mock up and so its not as real...but last night, it hit me....

We were at an old school mate's dinner...the company was great, apart from catching up, counting the number of kids each couple has and bitching about some class mates ( We found out that one is a Dato' and another is a loan...I mean "financier"), I finally realised, its happening. I'm getting hitched!

It started a good 8 years ago..well maybe 10 if we count the one of the 19 year old...but one after another, my single, childhood friends, school friends, people I grew up with, all bit the single hood dust. They all got hitched. It was like a band wagon sort of thing, with one couple starting it off ( They now are in the lead with 2 kids already of school age) and as sure as the sun dawns in the east, others followed soon after.

Many years and countless dinners with the parents and inquisitive friends asking "whens your turn" later, we've finally reached the point where the ones who aren't hitched are few. So few, we can count them off in one hand. Gotta say, I thought the pressure would be immense, but now everyones focus has shifted to "How many kids you got?" and being still officially single, I can get away from these questions.Heh.

But last night, sitting next to BH, it hit me, we're doing it..well, legally anyway. In about a month's time, if all goes well, I will legally be no longer single, no longer solo, no longer a lone ranger...I will be legally married to BH, I will become a part of a couple, a duo, a half of another person, and I can't imagine being that with any other person other than BH. Yea, it's hit me.

As for the dinner, hoping to make it better than "just another wedding dinner", we're hoping that all you flers who just can't wait to drink with us to be patient, your summons will come...it's all in the planning. It might be a year later, but as sure as the sun sets in the west, it will come....hehehehehe.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe! Conguralation!!!!!!

:P

Anonymous said...

I love happy endings! Congratulations to the both of you!

TTB said...

Congrats again... where are the pix? and... I know this is your blog and not mine, but really, can I say this - Carebear, too much "coding" lately izit? "Conguralation"? :p :p :p

SC said...

Thanks! Belum lagi, where got pics,Bel? Later lah..after .Dec 10th

YOU! said...

wow! CONGRATS!!!! :p

Anonymous said...

:D yeay !!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you!! Finally and officially taken off the "trading" floor. Your price has plummetted...but happily so!!! Hehehehehehe...

M@njAkid said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Do more BS.. hehhehe

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Glad to know u r going the distance....u guys really complement each other well-farid

SC said...

Thanks guys..;)..

Choobacca said...

Does getting married feels like going to the gallows? Reching the end of the line?"

Hope not!

Probably your pre-wedding jitters. In gym terms, it's signing exclusivity that you can only teach in a single outfit, no longer can free lance elsewhere.

As a gym instructor you are paid on a per class basis. I wonder if bernz has to now open a buku tiga lima with you when you open your class.

Of course the class postponements and cancelleations do apply, headaches, PMS, period, no mood.

p/s it's a good thing it is not like LM program, otherwise you will have have to be cleared to instruct by a master trainer first before signing exlusive!

haha.

Anonymous said...

err..anneh, that's like a superbly weird analogy of marriage..hehehe...