Thursday, February 01, 2007

I sent a letter

Its funny how small things can lead to bigger things. A small step, paving the way for bigger strides. Anyway, today being February 1st, i.e FT day and Thaipussam, it meant a whole lot of people were on holiday. The mall was packed. Its like there's no where else to go on a public holiday right?

Mom to kids" hey kids, its a public holiday, lets go to Megamall!!!"
Kids ( 3-4) to mom "Yeay! Lets go make nuisances of ourselves!"
Dad to mom"Good idea honey, lets join the jam and endless que's for parking"

But not everyone was on holiday, DHL was open, and since I had something I needed couriered urgently, I dashed off to Menara Axis after work. And there I met another person who was working on a public holiday, Jordan, a nice young chap, on his first day on the job.
Jordan, very busy, first day on the job, on a public holiday, working, all alone.
My envelope, which costs an arm and a leg to send.

Well, we've all had first day's right? The nervousness and the fear of screwing up teamed with the anticipation of whats to come just makes one sweat! But this fler was doing a pretty good job. He was quick, friendly and courteous...don't you just wish the postal officers were the same? And on a Public Holiday too! Dunno about you, but I hate working public holidays. Aside from the fact that I have to work while the rest of the world takes a break and deal with the crowds, well, it's just not fun. So this one's for the people who don't get to play on public holidays...and the next time you see someone who is working while you're on holiday, be nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also wish Pos Malaysia had better servants, but then, it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to post a letter right ?