Friday, February 09, 2007

Durian Ice-Cream

After reading FBB's blog about durian ice-cream, Bh and I have been trawling all gelato outlets looking for it. Lecka-lecka doesn't carry the flavour...it causes the rest of the flavours to stink, so they said. In the end, I chanced upon Gelato Fruity in MV...and spent 5.90 on a single scoop. How was it? Bleeeargh...didn't like it. Ended throwing the blady thing away...For me, it didn't taste like good durian or good ice-cream.

The durian ice-cream was really the icing on the unpleasant day I'm having. it's supposed to be Friday, i.e FRIDAY...last day before the weekend, but it feels like a Monday. Many minor arguements and politicking at work is making me regret this job. Already am having serious thoughts of quitting. What to do? Feel bullied and unappreciated mah. My patients are rarely the problem, its the pests I have to share an office with, or rather Pest. Said Pest is a real toyol, who makes office chocolates and cookies disappear, appart from nicking my stuff and spoiling it. Who knew dentists could be soooo petty and have "estate indian" mentallity. Wait a minute...I take that back, the "estate indian" probably has better work ethic. In the words of my head nurse, Pest is "hati busuk"and unfortunately, there is no cure for that. The other pain is my BOSS, who turns a blind eye to all these "events", with the excuse..."There's no proof".
Sigh...what does one do in such a situation? Turn a blind eye too? Or just leave?

Thankfully Bh comes home today, after a few days out in Lipis...:) Am seriously looking forward to a hug, I need one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well... after reading so much of posts aout durian (including yours & FBB's), now i really craving for durian cake @ Secret Recipe.. too bad that it's a seasonal cake.. :-(

Anonymous said...

oh, u ppl just made me crave for durians onli...wanted to eat some durian puffs today but was sold out
:(

SC said...

I still prefer the actual stuff though...cake or ice-cream all not so good la.

Anonymous said...

but... but... durian cake @ secret recipe, they put the real durian leih between layers. so nice ... *nyum.. nyumm..*

Kryptonite said...

Durian ice-cream I pernah makan when I was a little girl. I remember the taste still. Once from the pakcik who'd cycle around and sell us the ice cream in cones and the other was from an aiskrim potong. This also brings memories from Enid Blyton books - if I'm not mistaken it's one of the stories from either the Enchanted Wood or the Magic Faraway Tree series, where the children and their forest friends would visit different lands on clouds that arrived on top of the magic tree. I remember reading about the land of birthdays or the land of parties where there are all sorts of ice cream flavors! All you need to do is to wish for the flavor you want and the solemn-faced vendor will hand it over to you. Even if it's fish-flavored (the children tried it, for shits and giggles, and the cat ended up with the treat) and many many more. In fact, I'm heading off to Borders today to get those books lah!

:-)
F

Anonymous said...

oh, i really love the "Faraway Tree" series...read dunno how many times leh...but i have given them all away liao...aiyar, so sayang lar...yeah, i like the La Manila durian cake...yum..

UV