Monday, January 22, 2007

Delusional Idol

This will be a short one as the flu is currently making me wanna fly away to sleep. The above title is in reference to the delusional people who audition for American idol. You know lah, the flers who can't sing a note but insist "I'm the next American Idol"!

Maybe in their heads they sound really good. I mean when I sing I sound pretty good to myself as well. But when I hear my recorded voice, I sound like Minnie Mouse. So, Surely these people must have recorded themselves, and therefore heard how the rest of the world hears them before auditioning, right? But NO.... they insist the judges are tone deaf AND THAT THEY ARE THE REAL TALENT. Right.

I have always liked that Cowell fler, cos' he's honest...he's mean and doesn't sugar coat his comments, but at least he's honest. I mean if you sound like a kodok, he'll call you a kodok la, what else? I seriously think these people know they can't sing, but were paid by the show to appear on tv, for our entertainment. How else can you explain it? Either that or they all memang delusional giler. Anyhoo, its all good for us, laughing at their expense and hoping that another William Hung is NOT born out of the latest fiasco. She Bangs will never sound the same to me ever again.

On a good note, one contestant who is of rather curvy proportions came up with the word fluffy to describe her derriere....maybe the next time someone says I've put on weight, I'll just retort that I've gotten "fluffier"...makes it sound nicer, no?

No comments: