Monday, January 01, 2007

Christmas and New Years

Before I blog about Penang, which would either be a miniseries or a trilogy, cos there's just so much to tell, I thought I'd whet your appetites with this little tid-bit of happenings. My break, as I've said in the previous blog began on December 23rd at 5 pm and will end tomorrow at 10 when I see my first patient.

Christmas eve was spent with BH lah, of course, as was Christmas. But this year, he took me to church. I've never been to one, the thought of walking into one was daunting...but cos BH wanted to go, I just follow lar. Had fun, went to a small little church near my place and they had this guy Patrick Leong come in to sing. That guy has one heck of a voice. When he talks, he sounds like any other typical chinese guy, a soft spoken one. But when he sings, wow....amazing. People were brought to tears.. Well, we basically spent Christmas together, and this was the first Christmas I'd spent with anyone other than Wendy, so it was special. Especially so since I got to see how important Christmas was to BH.

So, on to New Years'...this year also extra special flavour. Countdown was over at VJ / Gobi Huangs'....which always promises entertainment in the form of young people getting drunk. Sure enough, with their deadly but yet fantastic punch, the kudikarans were at home. Though the fireworks had started before we counted down, we did it anyway! Please see BH's blog for story.

Jan 1, 2007: I wasn't here for my birthday this year, neither were my folks so...small celebration with BH only la on the actual day. So today, parents decided to cut cake in the morning la. Gotta admit, for someone who is 30, I still get a kick outta blowing candles on my birthday cake...call me a kid, I don't care. Plus of course my darling Jackie joined in the excitement. Jackie is my dog...who is often mistaken by my mum as my younger sister. In all fairness, it was a Happy Birthday / Happy New Year cake...so...it worked. Then of course, to start the New Year, BH and I decided to get our bums ( which have indeed increased in width) down to the Curve for FCI's combat....worked out a bit, even ate healthy. We had sandwiches for lunch. Then decided to spent day at BH's...which is where I am blogging right now lar. But lost all effort spent at gym, cos BH's parents decided to take me out for dinner as well....hehehehe, so TWO birthday celebrations in ONE day!!!! Hehehehe...just told BH this has been the best New Year's ever. He is at the moment cropping images of food we took on our Penang trip.....will post blog once the pics are done

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, babe. You looked well and rested...

Love reading about Penang, it is my home town too!

SC said...

thanks sunshine...didn't know you're from there, otherwise could have asked you where your favourite food is...