Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The day I got gassed

Ok, so this post is a little late, cos I got gassed yesterday, but what the heck? Have to blog about it, cos it was an experience lah. The gas in question? Nitrous oxide. See, boss decided that he wanted to sedate some of our nervous / anxious patients ( the kind that trembel the moment they sit on the chair), so of course the best thing to do is to try it out first la. So who was the guinea oink? Hmm... no surprises there right?
The mask was vanilla scented, so after about 5 deep breaths, can feel that wonderful warming sensation of the extremities...you know, ater you'd had like 4/5 glasses of wine? Well, in SKR's case maybe one glass? ( I hope she never reads this!). Well, I felt really high, my fingers and hands really heavy and I felt like sleeping. Boss then decided to test the anaesthetic effect of it...now, we all know nitrous oxide has NO anaesthetic effect, but we wanted to see if my tolerance for pain would increase. So, Boss did a scale, extra pressure he said, and yeah, I felt it, but I just didn't wanna do anything about it. I guess my pain tolerance did increase.
All in all, I'm in favour of gas. The effects were totally reversed once the nitrous was stopped and I was back to normal in a few minutes...no hangover, nothing! I think I'm gonna start gassing the kids too...not in favour of wailing and screaming in the office. But what a minute...its the adults who do that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi SC,

You are a *&%#@&* ? The scariest kind of people to me...! I shouldn't be opening my mouth anywhere near you... hahaha

SC said...

Dont worry Sunshine, I can always gas you!