Thursday, November 26, 2009

Homesick

It's funny how after more than a year here, I'm feeling homesick again. I'm not homesick for the home I lived in for 31 years of my life. Nor am I homesick for the home I spent 6 months in as a married woman with her in-laws. I'm homesick for the tiny apartment that we bought together as husband and wife in which we spent a mere 3 months living in. I really miss our home and its true, home really is where the heart is. I guess my heart is there for now.

Those were the happiest times of my life, other than my childhood of course. But being able to live on our own for the very first time, in a home that we both purchased together and playing the whole nesting thing was fun. I guess I miss that a lot because these days we live in houses/ apartments that are rented, not our own. And its not home..not really.

I hope someday my kids get to see our home, some day....

Oh on an exciting note, BH and I made a life long commitment 3 months ago...heh

No comments: