Monday, July 06, 2009

Funny sense of humour

Recently read Bel's post on dreams. I have to confess Bel, have not been reading your blog in a while since that post, will read after this. But anyway, Bel's post made me think about my dreams.. some days I think I don't have any.

And then the lottery jackpot goes to 90 million and I dream again. But then, even with all the money in the world, if I can't figure out what I'm passionate about, I can't spend it pursuing my passion, now can I? Sure, paying off the mortgages and buying new stuff is fun, but then what?

So really, I began to think about what my dreams and passions are. I am not exactly passionate about anything at the moment.Sure, the work is getting better, I'm doing a whole lot more than what I used to do. I'm also a lot more confident and doing stuff I would never have attempted before. But I'm not exactly passionate about my chosen profession. I occasionally enjoy it, but I don't jump out of bed saying "What a beautiful day and I'm so glad I'm off to work".

It's funny though, in the midst of questioning myself and asking for answers, prayer has worked. Yes anneh, as unlikely as it seemed, I have discovered God. And I've come to discover that God has a funny sense of humour.

You see, just when I was wondering what the heck makes me happy and grin like an idiot, the answer was given to me. I was not sitting about and praying/reflecting and hoping for an answer. I did pray, but the answer was also not immediately given. It happened when I least expected it and while I was actually doing something that actually made me feel good, happy and excited all over again.

I think God has presented me with this opportunity before, which I managed to pursue halfway before getting distracted. And now, the opportunity is open again. So, why do I think God has a funny sense of humour?

Well, the opportunity happened on the very same day I spent 598 AUD on textbooks for an exam(which costs me 6000AUD to sit for and the cost is likely to rise still) which I have to pass to stay on. And the opportunity is going to be a distraction from this exam.

So yet again, I have to chose between pursuing something that makes me happy or bucking down and studying super hard for my chosen profession. Or maybe I should just do both? Bh is not quite happy about me going off on this minor tangent either.He feels I might end up not spending enough time with him I think.

So what is this opportunity? Take a wild guess..what makes me grin, smile and look like I thoroughly enjoy myself, while executing martial arts moves to music? Heh..yeah..I am passionate about that, always have been, I just forgot.

So, do I pursue my passion?

5 comments:

TTB said...

Geezzz... what did I do to be honored with a mention in the first paragraph!

Indeed everyone told me I'm really lucky to have a dream and despite the recent drama with my queen mother, everyone told me not to give up. I am not.

So what is it??? Tell lah...

Most of the time we regret for not doing something more than regretting because we did something.

shades said...

Hmm... picking up your BC19 VCD pack again?

SC said...

Ironically shades, I didn't pack my boots to bring over, but I did pack my BC 19 and training certs..heh.

Ah..the good ole crazy days of Tempo!!!

shades said...

You do remember that "Tempo" is our song right?

SC said...

Heh..yes Shades..that was fun..