Monday, October 06, 2008

Santhi & Bern's excellent adventure..yea dude!!!

So, ours was the goodbye ( at the airport ) that wasn't to be. Got up bright and early today to pack up, dry some clothes that were damp, pick up parents and drive to the airport. Got there like by 9 and all the while I thought the flight was 10.30....so..aiya, not late la kan?

Well, checking in, our baggage was overweight, by like 10 kilos...had to open up the cling wrap and try to chuck excess stuff..while panicking and doing all that and wondering where the heck Bern's parents were and if we'd get to say proper goodbye's and not just a quick I have to rush one, the MAS officer came up and told us..well, the flight is double booked, overfull and they could fly one of us at 10 ( our actual flight time) and the other at 9.30 TONIGHT. Wasn't paying attention and he had to repeat for me to have any reaction. My jaw dropped...

Then, the guy says..they will upgrade both to business class. Once I got what he was saying, I asked.."Did you sell OUR tickets?" You know what he replied? Yea, we were the last to check in and they OVER BOOKED it..then he starts throwing in other stuff..excess baggage fee waived.

My dad starts to ask for an explanation..and I'm thinking..hey, if we both fly later, we fly business leh..made a quick call to Australia, to change my 9 am appointment to later and settle some stuff with the new boss ( Ben) ..and so...we didn't fly.

Then, the guy hasn't finished yet..gave us breakfast vouchers and says he'll give us compensation..400..( see's my sad face)..( adds) each..oh, and hotel stay at Pan Pac..hehehehehe. Apa lagi? Ambik je lah!

So, by then Bern's parent's had arrived, rushing in, htinking they'd missed us,. and our church friends and pastor had come, all thinking they's see us flying off..heh..all asked, "flight delayed ah?"

No la, flight not delayed, it left on time, we just didn't get on it.

So, we ended up having breakfast for 12 at Burger King, checking into Pan PAc, getting lunch, snack and dinner for free, upgrade, baggage for free, but most of all and most importantly of all, we got to spend just a little bit more time with the ones we love...that, was the true blessing in disguise. We had a wonderful breakfast with our parents, had time to say proper goodbye's and Choowie even found time to come over for tea to send us off! Something I had hoped we'd get round to doing..heh..

So, guess where Santhi & Bern are right now? We're in the MAS club lounge, drinking champagne and blogging..heh..gotta go now, time to go spend our 800 bucks!

3 comments:

shades said...

Darn... I have your guys!!!

How come I never got things like this?

Oh wait... I did. Got free upgrade to first class on a SIA flight from KL to Sydney once :)

Choobacca said...

Meenachi, mana gambar lar?
I posted the foto which I took of the both of you during tea in Pan Pac.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=650044777&ref=name#/photo.php?pid=1419475&op=1&aid=11550&auser=650044777&id=650044777&ref=mf

SC said...

Err...anneh, itu gambar lama upload lar..busy lar..