Monday, October 13, 2008

One week later......

It's now 9.59 am, here in Melbourne. I was supposed to be at work. Just like a week ago, I was supposed to have been on a plane. It seems that life here for both Bern and I are full of minor delays. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I get to spend time with Bern walking on the beach and all. But heck, I am anxious.

What happened this time? Was waiting for a letter from Malaysian Dental Council ( MDC) which got stuck in the mail. Finally had to fax MDC a copy to fax back to Australia. Some registration requirement that it has to come directly from MDC and not from me, although I have a perfectly legitimate certified copy of said letter here with me and wanted to submit in person. Oh well...everything must have it's red tape, huh?
Still looking for our own pad. This will take a while. Renting here is tough, as there aren't many places available with what we are looking for. Plus agents here don't need to work as hard as back home.

We have found a church though, just walking distance from where we are now, in Port Melbourne. Nice people and all la, but nothing like back home, of course. Somehow, Malaysian warmth and hospitality is still better.

The weather is a bit like a woman on PMS..one minute hot. like 30 degrees yesterday. And today, it's 18...

Well, that's all for now I guess.

3 comments:

Swee said...

Hey babe!

Take Care! and enjoy life there...

I will be visit Aust in Dec, but sadly not Melb.. only Brisbane and Sydney....

Say hi to Bern! :)

Swee said...

visiting* :P

Choobacca said...

Your camera on de phone looks sophisticated, eh, put some fotos in the post lar, 12c how you guys been.