Monday, August 18, 2008

Waiting..

Yelar, some people really know how to make me wait. Punctuality is gone these days, heck, if we were punctual, wedding dinners would start on time, right? And we ALL know that doesn't happen, not unless pigs fly, right?

Wokay, since I'm waiting, I might as well blog. Well, I'm bored..scrabulous friend busy at work, Bh also busy at work and I'm broke, otherwise I'd work my credit card out...heh. So, what should I blog about? Hmm..how about chicken pox? Yea, Varicella Zoster primary infection. ( secondary one is shingles,lah..so if you never had pox, you'll never get that nasty ring of roses from hell lah.)

Yea, Chicken Pox..not to be confused with the deadly Small Pox. Chicken Pox is highly contagious, apparently, some American researchers claim that if you were in a different aisle at the supermarket from someone who was contagious, you could get it too. Oh, but don't worry, chances are past the age of 20, you'll probably have gotten it already. If you haven't, join me..

Normally it takes about 7-10 days after getting the virus that you exhibit symptoms. If you are an adult, that means fever first, then the blisters or pox which normally starts from the abdomen to the face/hands/legs. Kids get the rash, then the fever..What does the rash look like? Red, fluid filled blisters, ALL OVER, not just ONE..

How long does the rash lasts? Typically a week, then it dries up and scabs over..unless of course there's some mega new treatment whereby after even one week, there are no signs whatsoever of the pox at all..no scabs, nothing.

Then again, maybe it wasn't chicken pox after all..

Which reminds me..I should go get myself immunized..

No comments: