Friday, May 09, 2008

Choosing a mate

In the animal kingdom, to ensure survival of the fittest, apparently animals seek out the strongest to be their mates. Animals will always chose the strongest partners, for example only the alpha male gets to mate with the females in his little harem. I guess it's nature's way of ensuring only the strongest survive and the gene pool just keeps getting better, i.e those with diseases, etc don't reproduce.

I wonder...does that apply to us humans too?

Is that why we look for certain qualities in a mate too? Like looks, a nice body, a healthy bank account? I mean, maybe it's genetically pre-programmed for us to seek someone who can give us good looking, healthy kids who wont starve?

But I still think it's weird when someone calls off an engagement just because the other person isn't rich enough..that, to me, it's just wrong. I don't get it..I always thought if you love someone, you take the person the way he/she is, cos you love him/her..money, should not be that big an issue. Sure, it's important, but heck, these days, women work too, right? Gender equality and all that? Why should the guy be the sole income provider then?

I just don't get it..and this post, is just a personal view.

2 comments:

karynn said...

i sooooooo totally agree with you!!! :)

money, you can earn dat urself... but true love, er, u can't do dat by urself leh. :p

TTB said...

It would be good if we get a rich husband that loves us madly :p.