Sunday, May 24, 2009

The soppy one about the marriage..

It's been 3 years since our first date, a year and a half since we were legally married and coming to a year since the church vows. But to me, it seems like the blink of an eye. Time flies when you're having a good time so I must be having a good time.

We still feel like we just can't get enough of each other, that feeling where we just have to spend every single moment with each other, you know, that feeling of affection that you have in a new relationship? The fact that he works weekends and I work weekdays probably makes it even more cherished, those few days when our days collide and we actually get to spend time together.

It's funny how once I never imagined that I'd ever feel like this, but yet here I am, 3 years later and feeling all these wonderful feelings. After the first time we knew how we felt about each other, I thought it could only go downhill. Before long, that magical spark, that thrill everytime the phone rang, would be gone. I've had relationships that went stale way before the one year mark, so why would this be different? I was wrong. This is different.

It's not happily ever after, there are the downs that come with the ups, but it is happy. Even with the tiny apartment we live in, the fact that sometimes we do push each other's wrong buttons,we do argue, we do annoy each other and we do disagree. Hopefully 3 years from now, 30 years from now, we'll still feel like we do now, feeling like we have to be close to each other, even with all the differences. Sometimes being so close, we read each other's minds, finishing each other's sentences, understanding each other's nuances when no one else does. I get him and he gets me. Sometimes he gets me more than I get me and vice versa

I can't explain it. All I can say is, I got lucky. Or maybe the Lord had this all planned out for His own reasons. You can call it fate..but for all this, I am truly thankful for His blessings, knowing that it won't always be rosy, it wont always be wonderful. But it is good.

So, for those of you about to get into the same situation as me..go for it! For the couple who just did..you'll know what I'm talking about.For those who have gone through this a long time ago, you know more than me, don't spoil the suspense. For those of you who are looking for it, don't lose heart.

Yea, this was a soppy one, wasn't it?

4 comments:

shades said...

Yeah, very soppy....

I had to rush to the toilet half way....

Choobacca said...

Meenachi,

A quote to share: 1 Cor 13:4

“Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.”

SC said...

Shades..all you need is ice cream and you rush to the toilet.

Anneh..hehehehehe

karynn said...

goosebumps!!!! yuk mah! :p