Tuesday, September 02, 2008

MERDEKA!!!!!

Initially, I'd wanted to blog on the very last day of work. However, it was last Saturday and like every Saturday, it was busy. Plus I was lazy,heh.

The last day, well, the last week was a trying week indeed. It almost always is, I figure. But in that last week, I learnt many things, good and bad. And even though I told myself, no tears, well, they welled up when Devi, my assistant started tearing. I'm a sucker for other people's tears. Sigh..I'm gonna miss her. And Nor, Rozi, Noraini and Prema. They made my life there easier, we shared hopes, dreams, frustrations ( mostly about work) and of course laughter.

Nor and I have been at the practice for 7 years now. Time flew by, we never gave goodbyes a thought. But eventually, it was time. I wonder what Devi's day would be like today, now that I'm not there. I can only hope that she and the others will be ok.

As for me..heh, Merdeka celebrations were indeed Merdeka celebrations! Sunday was fun filled and sleep deprived. BH and I awoke early cos we had to make refreshments for church. heck, I'd only been baptised 2 weeks and they already gave me "privileges". Heheheh..not complaining,ok? But it was fun, as it usually is, cooking with BH.

Sunday was also our pool party..aka lets throw Gobi into the pool event. There were floating branches and even one wet Jr. Lots of food, new friends made, the beer boys learnt how to appreciate a Cosmo and Booker now has new fans. Yup...another late night at DPC, the guards must think we're Party Central, I think they're right. The usual suspects refused to leave, as usual, until the rooster crows. Ok, this time they left early, at 5am. I think the next time, I'll just have them bring sleeping bags. Might as well have breakkie after, eh?

Will blog about Sunday once BH does the pics. It's more fun blogging about it with pics of the floating branch..until then, I'm sure Nut has some account of the proceedings, so go to www.tykeonabike.blogspot.com

2 comments:

TTB said...

THANK YOU SC and Bernsy for inviting us. We enjoyed ourselves so much. Who's gonna throw us party after you guys left? sobs...

Swee said...

Thanks babe! Great time... priceless pictures taken as well.. Hee hee...